Corsair Community

When good ram goes bad...

kennb99

I have had my corsair modules for juat about a year.... I have recently been getting crashes during intensive 3d work. I ran memtest and it came up with a failure on the WMATS test.

I have 8 sticks so I guess I am going to have to go through one by one to figure out which is the bad stick correct?

Once I have nailed it, how do I approach Corsair about replacing the module?

kenn

BTW - Checkit Diagnostics also comes up with a memory error and cant perform its ram test.

Damn, what board do you have that has 8 slots?

Yep, one stick at a time, use memtest (memtest.org) to test it. Since you have 8 sticks, you could test 4 of them first. If they pass, it's probably not one of those four. Test the other 4. If they fail, the bad stick is one of those. Rinse, halve, repeat.

LOL... its a Tyan Thunder S2885... each CPU has its own dedicated 4 slots instead of sharing a single memory pipeline as with earlier duals. I have 8x512 Corsair.

I will test this weekend and narrow the field and hopefully get an RMA on the bad sticks...

k

• Corsair Employees

Well we will be happy to replace the modules for you, but this MB has not been validated with this MB. In fact I would not suggest you use this module with this MB. But if you want to try replacing the modules.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived