Corsair Community

Corsair Strafe (non rgb) LED issue

Hunna

so recently i spilled liquid onto my keyboard. luckily, i was able to save the keyboard in time and it retains its full functionality, except for the LEDs. at first i thought the LEDs were completely dead, but when i started up my pc the next day, all the LEDs lit up for a brief moment until i got to the login screen. furthermore, i plugged the usb cable into a different port while the computer was off and the LEDs not only shone, but were cycling through different cool effects that i didnt have in utility engine (mostly because my only use for the lights on the keyboard are to see). when i turned the computer on while this was happening, the effects were still cycling but the keyboard wouldnt work. i plugged the keyboard back into the usb port it was originally in, then back into the other port and it yields the same results as if i never used a different port. no LEDs, functioning keyboard.

im just wondering if this is an unfixable problem or not. i couldnt find anything on it so here i am. thanks

-Problems with Spilling Liquids on New Keyboard

Your warranty is voided, so if you need to open the keyboard to clean it do so.

Soak the keyboard in 70-99% isopropyl alcohol for 5 mins.

Wipe any remaining residue with a cloth.

Consider Investing in a Might Mug* [spill proof mug, or so they say]

-Problems with Spilling Liquids on New Keyboard

Your warranty is voided, so if you need to open the keyboard to clean it do so.

Soak the keyboard in 70-99% isopropyl alcohol for 5 mins.

Wipe any remaining residue with a cloth.

Consider Investing in a Might Mug* [spill proof mug, or so they say]

i've looked to this already, im only asking because of the circumstances. the LEDs turn on on boot, and the keyboard is still fully functional. re-read the thread please