Corsair Community

Ram problem

i1135t

Hi, I have a Corsair Platinum XMS 512mb with some bad memory locations on the ram. Here is the situation. I keep getting a blue screen with stop error 0x0000004e everytime I boot into windows XP and found this website on microsoft's support page:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;271955

It says that I got bad ram. Well, I downloaded a program to test my ram called memtest86 and found out that I have a defective ram. I get error codes at the 95MB range. I contacted the people at excaliberpc.com and they told me that after 30 days, I would have to contact the manufacturer for a replacement. Well here I am, going throught the steps to make sure that I can send this in and get it replaced. Please respond RAMGUY ASAP so that I can get this moving foward. Thanks!!

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the modules part# and the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Can you tell me the modules part# and the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

I'm not sure what the module part number is of what is written on this ram:

CMX512-3200C2PT

XMS3202v1.1

XMS3200 512MB 400Mhz CL2

I have an Abit NF7-S v2.0 motherboard and have an XP2500 CPU running at 2.2GHz. The bios settings are set with cpu settings, which is running at 200fsb and 11 for mutiplier and ram settings set to 6-3-3-2.5. There should be no problems running this ram at these speeds. I even tried changing the ram timings and CPU to default settings and still gave me the errors after running the memtest program. Looks like I have a defective piece of ram....

• Corsair Employees

Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and test the module with http://www.memtest.org and if you get errors please let me know what test you get errors on. And I would try and set the CPU to its default 166 MHz with the memory set at 100% and then test them if you get errors to make sure its not the CPU.

For Reference:

CPU Freq: 166 MHz

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 166MHz

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

Archived