Corsair Community

Corsair Strafe RED sometimes is not detected by CUE untill I reconnect USB cables

ViTosS

Hello, recently I have been dealing with a problem with my Corsair Strafe RED, everything is fine, keyboard working but suddenly everything that I press (Caps Lock or Num Lock or even the light brightness level of the LED in the keys) is not getting the light on to show it is pressed, like, the normal is to press Caps Lock and the red light turns on to show Caps Lock is pressed, but sometimes none of these are working, I still can type and use keyboard normally, just the light effect of Caps Lock, Scroll Lock, Num Lock and also the brightness light level doesn't work until I reconnect the keyboard in the USB port, I noticed when this starts to happen that the Strafe is not being recognized by CUE.

Any help?

alternate the support legacy USB setting in the Bios? That helped many of my past issues turning it off.

Also, on some models there is a report rate / polling rate hz on the rear you might try some different positions for that. Any chance there is damage in the plugs or on the mobo usb? Tried different ones maybe on your case?

Also check your power settings in windows in case its like a sleep mode turn off or something?

alternate the support legacy USB setting in the Bios? That helped many of my past issues turning it off.

Also, on some models there is a report rate / polling rate hz on the rear you might try some different positions for that. Any chance there is damage in the plugs or on the mobo usb? Tried different ones maybe on your case?

Also check your power settings in windows in case its like a sleep mode turn off or something?

I tried with USB Legacy option ENABLED and DISABLED, the problem still persists.

You mean polling rate in the back of the keyboard? I didn't find any. I'm right now trying in another USB port, and will also disable again Legacy USB option to see if the problem will happen again. The power settings are not the cause, I always used them in high performance option.

I tried with USB Legacy option ENABLED and DISABLED, the problem still persists.

You mean polling rate in the back of the keyboard? I didn't find any. I'm right now trying in another USB port, and will also disable again Legacy USB option to see if the problem will happen again. The power settings are not the cause, I always used them in high performance option.

Not all models have the slider, i know the k70 strafe did but there may or may not be others....I think that KB was particularly fast. My reds version I had to give away to a coworker basically bc my typos were out of control.

That said, I hope the other usb ports help but if they don't I'd recommend filing a ticket, I bet they will tell you to basically start again with a clean install on a new profile and see if the issue keeps happening, and I frankly would still try that myself if I were in your shoes, but maybe also test on another pc if you can? Rule out any weird stuff that could be going on locally. If not they may have other solutions.

Are by any chance running CL4 latest version? If answer is yes, that's the issue. Try reverting to the previous Corsair Link 4.7.0.77. I had similar issues with the latest version, Corsair is aware of it. Hopefully should be sorted next release.

Are by any chance running CL4 latest version? If answer is yes, that's the issue. Try reverting to the previous Corsair Link 4.7.0.77. I had similar issues with the latest version, Corsair is aware of it. Hopefully should be sorted next release.

Yes I'm using CL4 latest version, I didn't had this problem in my old kit (i7 4790k and Z97 board) but also I didn't have H110i, I had a H105 (so no CL model support), and I think I just noticed that it happens only in the SO startup, I mean, if I don't press anything and just boot straight to SO it works flawless until I reboot system or turn off and on and power up again, if it happened there will be nothing I can do to fix it untill I replug the keyboard but if doesn't happen, it will never happen if I stay with the system booted up without reboot/restart etc. So basically if I go to BIOS the chance of happening is very high because I need to press keys on keyboard (DEL) to enter BIOS screen, I don't know but looks like is something that happens on post, I tried all the USB ports and none fixed, do you think if I uninstall CL4 I maybe can see if CL4 is causing that?

Thank you.

Yes I'm using CL4 latest version, I didn't had this problem in my old kit (i7 4790k and Z97 board) but also I didn't have H110i, I had a H105 (so no CL model support), and I think I just noticed that it happens only in the SO startup, I mean, if I don't press anything and just boot straight to SO it works flawless until I reboot system or turn off and on and power up again, if it happened there will be nothing I can do to fix it untill I replug the keyboard but if doesn't happen, it will never happen if I stay with the system booted up without reboot/restart etc. So basically if I go to BIOS the chance of happening is very high because I need to press keys on keyboard (DEL) to enter BIOS screen, I don't know but looks like is something that happens on post, I tried all the USB ports and none fixed, do you think if I uninstall CL4 I maybe can see if CL4 is causing that?

Thank you.

It's similar to what I had. Solution was to go back to CL4 4.7.0.77. It might help you too. I also put a ticket thru, they helped me to find the issue and I guess it will be solved in a new release. No need to uninstall CL4 completely, just go back one version. At the time I had 4.8.0.82 and that was the reason of the issue on my system.

Note: I haven't tried yet the new CL4 4.8.2.1, maybe that solves the issue with the bug fixes.

It's similar to what I had. Solution was to go back to CL4 4.7.0.77. It might help you too. I also put a ticket thru, they helped me to find the issue and I guess it will be solved in a new release. No need to uninstall CL4 completely, just go back one version. At the time I had 4.8.0.82 and that was the reason of the issue on my system.

Note: I haven't tried yet the new CL4 4.8.2.1, maybe that solves the issue with the bug fixes.

You were right! Uninstalling CL4 fixed completely my problem, but I'm going to download 4.7.0.77. Thank you! :D: