Corsair Community

Problem with TwinX1024-3200C2

dubz13

I had a problem with stability of my computer the past few days. Microsoft online crash analysis stated that memory was the problem and so i ran the windows memory diagnostic program. The first time i opened the program, after the first few runs, errors started appearing and totalled to over 6000 before the 10th cycle. At this time my memory was running at 2.55 V and the timings were set to 2,3,3,6. I set the voltage to 2.75 and reran the test 10 cycles. 1500 errors were found this time, all on Bank 0. After this i switched the dimms around and ran the test again. This time there were only 3 errors on Bank 0. I turned my computer off and had a rest. When i turned it back on again i ran the test 20 cycles and no errors were reported at all. I'm not sure what the problem is now if there is any. What's with the different amount of errors? Also the memory problem came after i installed my new graphics card. Does that have anything to do with it?

My computer specs are:

Asus p4c800-e deluxe

Intel P4 2.4 @ 3.0 Ghz (the ratio is set so the ram is running 200 mhz)

Corsair TwinX1024-3200C2

Leadtek A6600 GT

I'd appreciate any help

Thankyou

• Corsair Employees
That might suggest a power problem or lack of power or a problem with the Video Card it self, if the modules pass with another Video card but not the new one. Can you test the modules with your old Video card?

Thanx for the fast reply :):

My power supply is an antec 480 watt so shouldn't that be enough power? Ill try my old graphics card again and tell u the result. But the test also passed without errors with my new graphcis card once so will the test passing on the old graphics card say much?

Thanx again

• Corsair Employees
Thanx for the fast reply

My power supply is an antec 480 watt so shouldn't that be enough power? Ill try my old graphics card again and tell u the result. But the test also passed without errors with my new graphcis card once so will the test passing on the old graphics card say much?

Also the memory problem came after i installed my new graphics card. Does that have anything to do with it?

I guess I dont understand what you are trying to say then.

But if both of these statements are true, I would try another make of PSU as that would be the most likely cause of this issue. Also can you test the modules in another system that might help isolate the memory from your system?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I received the replacement today, but there seems to be a problem. My computer would not boot when both sticks were in, so I tested the sticks separately and found that my computer boots with one of them but not the other. It seems one stick is failing again. What should I do? Also there is no sticker on the ram to indicate that they are twinx like my old ram had.

• Corsair Employees
If you sent them to us directly please call our Customer Service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0" or Please reply to the last email you got from our Customer Service and let them know you are having trouble with the modules you got back.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived