Corsair Community

[Sabre RGB] Crp Disabled

Antho58

Hi guys

So it's been 6 months since i have my Sabre Rgb, i'm really happy with this mouse until last week when a file opens when i connect my mouse, "Crp Disabled" with firmware.bin inside.

I contacted the support and they told me to, i quote :

1 - Please completely exit out of the Corsair Utility Engine Software

2 - Disconnect the mouse entirely from your system

3 - (1)Using a paperclip, thumb tack, or thin needle, please hold down on the reset button located on the bottom of the mouse

4 - As it is pressed down, please connect the mouse to a USB 3.0 port on your system

5 - A file explorer pop-up will be displayed showing drive name as CRP_DISABLED

6 - Please ensure you first delete the firmware.bin file that is on the CRP_DISABLED drive. Transfer the firmware file that is attached to this ticket over to the CRP_DISABLED drive.

7 - Once transferred over, disconnect the mouse and repeat the pinhole method (1) to input the actual firmware and bootloader file for your mouse

So i did that but it hasn't fix the problem unfortunately, i still got Crp disabled with the firmware.bin inside when connecting the mouse, i'm starting to think that it is dead. :[pouts:

I updated my ticket but no answers since, that's why i'm asking on the forum for your help.

Regards.

PS : Sorry i didn't have time to put my pc specs in my profile since i'm only asking about my mouse.

EDIT : Forgot to say that 2 days ago, i just had to exit CUE, connect the mouse and it worked again idk how, until the day after when i boot my pc and had Crp Disabled again.

Edited by Antho58

Do the bootloader recovery steps again. Does this restore the mouse's functionality? e.g. lighting, clicks, etc.

If so, restart your computer and see whether the mouse returns into the bootloader state.

Have you tried a different USB port?

Can it be my computer's fault ?

Like, something went bad at the start and corrupted the mouse ?

I'm gonna buy an other one because i really like this mouse but i'd be pissed if i got the problem again.

Edited by Antho58

Can it be my computer's fault ?

Like, something went bad at the start and corrupted the mouse ?

I'm gonna buy an other one because i really like this mouse but i'd be pissed if i got the problem again.

I doubt it's your computer, but I would try to RMA it with Corsair Support instead of getting another one. Would be cheaper that way.