Corsair Community

H110i issue

RYZEN4GHz

I have an Asrock Killer SLI + 1800x.

The link software has stopped working properly.

I cannot see my H110i at all, Help

I can't attach a picture.

Sometimes it sees nothing at all, totally blank.

No memory no hard drives no fans nothing.

Does this mean that my fans are running at the lowest setting ?

Does it mean my Cooler is broken ?

I've got this error in SIV64

I/O Error 31 A device attached to the system is not functioning.

The below advice offered up no help.

What does the SIV [Link Devices] page report? If any Device Parameters boxes are checked uncheck them and then press the box to the left of USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04 to restart the USB device then look at [uSB Bus] again. This got things working on my W10 system and several W8.1 systems.

Update:

After trying the above advice 4 times it is now back, but for how long ?

As someone else said in another thread that theirs died, mine is making a lot of noise now (whistling sound) is it going to die ?

Have opened a ticket.

Link Fans

Firmware issues with H110i 2.0.00.

When you initially posted felt I could not help as you failed to provide any debug information and had also failed to use http://forum.corsair.com/forums/profile.php?do=extra suspected helping you would be tricky.

Originally Posted by red-ray

What does the SIV [Link Devices] page report? If any Device Parameters boxes are checked uncheck them and then press the box to the left of USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04 to restart the USB device then look at [uSB Bus] again. This got things working on my W10 system and several W8.1 systems.

You then quoted me and removed the link to the original post and since reading this I have been pondering what to do :thinking:. I felt I should reply as I feel failing to reply to initial quotes + PMs + e-mails is rude and shows a lack of professional diligence.

The below advice offered up no help.

I have just spotted "Last edited by Technobeard; 08-22-2017 at 10:35 AM. Reason: fixed quote" and can now see I specified this on 18-Nov-2014, @ 16:53 and it was for a different member with a H100i then I can sensibly reply.

Following specific advise I gave to a different member with a different cooler almost 3 years ago then guessing you have the same issue rather surprised me :eek: and is unlikely to be the actual situation for your cooler.

Given you found my post from 2014 then I find it hard to believe you failed to see as below, wonder if you did and if so why you failed to post any debug information :confused:.

1. The SIV initial + [uSB Bus] + [Link Devices] + [Link Status] + [Link Fans] + [Link LEDs] panels allow the root cause of many hardware issues to be determined and resolved.
  2. If you need help with a CL hardware issue I recommend attaching these screen shots to your post using names such as [Link Devices].png.
  3. You should also ensure your PC Specs are up to date and specify the Windows Build number.
  4. Check the devices are present on Devices and Printers and confirm that Windows Device Manager is not reporting any issues.
  5. ALL of the files in the siv.zip release should be extracted to C:\Program Files\SIV\ or similar and SIV should be run from there.

The best way for any member get me to help them is to use http://forum.corsair.com/forums/profile.php?do=extra, post debug information and follow any advise I choose to give :nodding:.

Sorry Ray :(

1: I'm not too bright at the best of times. (old and very grey)

2: Trying to multi task.

3: New Ryzen pc, thought it may have something to do with settings in Bios

as this was when it went pear shaped. As i was playing with PStates.

4: Reading posts on different sights to see if it was my Mobo.

5: Reading your instructions and trying to find the right place in your software. (see No 1 above) ;)

I have slowly tried every thing i could find to try and fix it.

Eventually after trying a few times the above advice it worked. And is still working fine.

I would of got round to supplying the right info to you, as i eventually found it very late last night.

Couldn't find it this morning LOL

All good for now and my Bios is now out of bounds until a new update comes out.

Then i shall be tearing out my none existent hair, and no doubt contacting you again.

Just to confuse you and make you laugh at my incompetence. LOL

Sorry Ray :(

I am pleased to hear your issue seems to be resolved, but as from what you posted I can only guess what had happened would not be that surprised if it returned. My general view is "If you don't know why you fixed it you probably haven't". My best guess is that the H110i firmware had crashed and once you power cycled the system the issue went away.

You are far from the first to find it tricky to diagnose an issue, suspect you won't be the last, feel that Corsair should provide clear fault finding guides :idea: and Corsair failing to do this is to say the least rather poor. AFAIK there is not even a CL4 User Guide :eek:, when there is a SIV User Guide :biggrin:.

All the coolers are different, have their own quirks and you at least looked for a solution youself :biggrin:. Over the years I have improved the SIV debug information which means what I posted in 2014 may well no longer be good advise which is why it's important to know the contest of a quote. It's also likely with my current understanding my advise may be different. I often see things on SIV screen shots that others overlook which is why I always ask for screen shots.

Just to confuse you and make you laugh at my incompetence. LOL

Not really, but I do get rather frustrated at times which is why I am selective in who I will try and help.

Archived