Corsair Community

Ryzen 5 1600x H115i Questions

speedotorpedo

Hey guys,

I just finished a new build with a Ryzen 5 and a H115i water cooler. I have everything running and I just loaded Corsair Link to check things out and the temps for my CPU seem higher than I would have expected. The temp also seems to move around and not really stabilize like I though it would either.

When I build the rig, I plugged each fan into the splitter, the SATA power into a cable from the PSU, and the single wire connector to the CPU fan header on the MOBO. The fans on the rad were switched out for Corsair ML140 Pros.

I attached a screenshot of Corsair Link so you can kind of see what it is doing. Temps seem to sit around 42, and then jump to around 50-52 every 5 or 10 seconds. I would have thought that the base idle temps would be lower than 42, and that they would sit fairly stable.

Thanks in advance for the help.

1110578283_CorsairLink.thumb.png.70acc67ac2e10bc4f5261a58539a8a02.png

Temps seem to sit around 42, and then jump to around 50-52 every 5 or 10 seconds.

1. What happens to the H115i temperature?
  2. When the CPU is busy I would expect it's temperature to spike.
  3. I suspect you have a program that runs every 5 or 10 seconds, uses CPU time and causes the CPU temperature increase.
  4. What does the CL4 CPU load graph look like?
  5. Ideally you would post plots of H115i Temp + Package Temp + CPU Load all on the same screen shot. Crop it so it only has the plots.
  6. I would use Windows Task Manager to check which task is doing this.

1. What happens to the H115i temperature? It stays rock solid at 26.
  2. When the CPU is busy I would expect it's temperature to spike. I would hesitate to call it "busy". This is literally the first startup after installing Windows on a new build. The only thing that I am aware that is running is the Firefox window that I am typing this up on.
  3. I suspect you have a program that runs every 5 or 10 seconds, uses CPU time and causes the CPU temperature increase. Possibly, but there are very few programs installed at this point other than Corsair Link and Firefox.
  4. What does the CL4 CPU load graph look like? It does jump up with the temp spikes, although it jumps from 2% to 5%, so not much load at all.
  5. Ideally you would post plots of H115i Temp + Package Temp + CPU Load all on the same screen shot. Crop it so it only has the plots. I'll do that.
  6. I would use Windows Task Manager to check which task is doing this. I'll do that as well.

Thanks for the reply. I responded in red above. This is my first foray into watercooling, so if this is normal behavior, than so be it. I just want to make sure everything is functioning properly on my shiny new rig.

Here is a screenshot of the graphs you mentioned.

I checked the Task Manager, and the only thing that looked out of the ordinary was 'wsappx', which I disabled through the System Tools. It did lower the disk usage, but did not change the CPU load, or the temp spikes.

707254189_CorsairLink.thumb.png.831a5d205a5cb3b4317b3ab2fa4183d2.png

It does jump up with the temp spikes, although it jumps from 2% to 5%, so not much load at all.

5% of the system is 60% of one CPU as you have 12 CPUs and it only takes one of the CPUs to be running at 60% to cause the temperature to spike.

Do you have a utility that will plot the % load for all 12 CPUs? If not you could use my SIV utility to do this. The initial screen has small plots and if you Left/Clink on them it should show larger plots.

Archived