Corsair Community

Bad module

mstanley

Hello, I run two sticks of cmx512-3200c2pt modules and have been recently getting errors and crashes in various programs. The errors always had something to do with memory access errors so I ran memtest86. Unfortunately I can't just paste the errors I recieved but I got a lot of read errors. I removed one of the sticks, ran the test again, and recieved no errors and so far I've had no programs crash. I'm assuming this is a good indication that this module is defective. I would like to RMA it if possible.

Thanks,

Mike.

P.S. I've had both sticks for about 6 months to a year now with no problems.(untill now, of course) My motherboard supports dual channel DDR400 and I had the sticks in the according channels that my motherboard manual stated.

I have an MSI 865PE Neo2 with a P4 2.4 /w HT running at 800fsb. I've never really messed with timing or performance settings. The memory is currently set to configure by SPD, DRAM frequency is set to auto, DDR clock is at 400mhz, and DDR power voltage is at 2.50V. CPU bus clock is set at 200mhz and dynamic overclocking is disabled.

I ran memtest86+ on both modules, seperately, and I recieved no errors from the first one, but the following is some of the errors I got from the suspected bad module. (the errors scrolled off screen during test #6 so I'm not sure if this is complete)

Failing Addresses:

0000ce29d50 - 206.5MB

0000d121bb0 - 209.0MB

0000d921cb0 - 217.0MB

0000de29d30 - 222.5MB

- 236.5MB

- 252.5MB

- 432.5MB

- 448.5MB

- 452.1MB

- 468.1MB

after closer inspection of each module, I noticed one is XMS3202v2.2(bad) and XMS3202v1.2. I'm not sure if this is relevant.

-Mike

• Corsair Employees

I would suggest we get them both replaced and please send an email asing that we replace them for the same revision.

Please send us a email with a copy of the form or all of your info name address and phone# and the Module part# and copy the link to this post and email it to Rma@corsairmemory.com.

If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to warranty@corsairmemory.com and we will help to resolve it.

Archived