Corsair Community

780t or change to 570x ?

victorgpu

Whether the case change is worth it is pretty subjective. Different types of cases and with the all glass 570X, it is the appearance you are after.

Theoretically you need extreme 120mm fan speed to match 140mm in terms of exhaust flow. However, whether or not this has a meaningful effect on case ambient temperature is something else. No magic formula like -10cfm = +3C. I suspect not, but to be more precise we would need to know the two fans up for comparison. Also, if you are bouncing around the idea of a rear 120mm radiator and thus the 120mm fan, dumping your GPU and CPU heat straight out of the case will do far more than any change to fan size or number. That is an easy win.

You might get lucky and there is someone here who went from 780 to 570 with the same gear. You might also be able to find some chassis reviews for both cases from the same website using the same method. It likely won't be exact, but you can make a ballpark comparison. I suppose the more important thing is it's not like a Lian Li toaster and a decent 570X review should be able to confirm that.

You could spend the next 10-12 years picking up a combination of physics, chemistry, and engineering degrees to understand why your schoolboy question has an obvious common sense answer, but a precise technical one isn't possible with your breadcrumb offering of detail. Given you can't be bothered to google up a case review where some else has already done an actual thermal evaluation, I am not sure why anyone should waste even a moment attempting to focus your query or help in any other way.

Archived