Corsair Community

threadripper 1950x memory compatibility

leopold

i setup new build for threadripper

i bought 1950x and asus zenith extreme motherboard

and Corsair Dominator Platinum Series 128 (8x16GB) DDR4 3000MHz (PC4-24000) Memory (CMD128GX4M8B3000C16)

this memory's compatibility is okay with motherboard?

thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
This list was just posted a few days ago: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170272

So I just built a machine using the ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 motherboard, Threadripper 1950X and 8 x CMR32GX4M2C3200C16

As you can see below, the Vengeance RGB's lit up red in the beginning. I'm not sure what happened, but they all went dark. Corsair Link isn't able to control the RGB's.

http://www.eylerenterprises.com/Threadripper.png

So I looked at the compatibility linked above and it doesn't look like this memory is technically supported on this motherboard. However, it does list compatibility between the Zenith Extreme and CMR32GX4M4C3200C16.

CMR32GX4M2C3200C16 Not compatible with motherboard

CMR32GX4M4C3200C16 Is listed as compatible

What is the difference between these two memory models? I bought the memory at Fry's Electronics... if I return the memory I purchased (not sure if I even can) and purchase the one listed as compatible, will that solve my issue? Or, does anyone know if this combination of motherboard and memory may soon be supported?

Thank you!

Steve

Are you saying the memory didnt work at all, or just the RGB lighting?

The difference between the two is that your memory is 16gb PER STICK,

so i'm assuming you bought 128gb total ram? The other that is listed

as compatable is 8gb PER STICK. I bought this kind, only 4 sticks for 32gb total. They worked fine at first, but then the leds started going out 1 stick at a time until only 1 is now working. These are listed as compatable both on the asus site and on corsair. Then the computer stopped booting a day later with memory errors. Looks like one stick is bad and I'm going to have to return it. Bought mine at frys too. Also, three of the memory on corsiars list are not on the Asus list. The list they refer you to is for AMD Threadripper 1950x compatablility. Guessing that doesn't mean guaranteed compatability with a certain motherboard? What gives Corsair??

Archived