Corsair Community

Where's the 2GB SD Flash memory?

GrapeApe

Hate having to register to ask a 'contact us' kind of question, but here goes;

Why is there pictures of 2GB SD flash memory on Corsair's main page and product SD section, but nothing in their product list? :confused:

Also what's with the whimpy 40X guys! :(:

I love your Desktop stuff, but heck I can get generica stuff faster than that, and there's been Panasonic, Lexar and SanDisk 60+X stuff for over a year at 1GB, and now there's 80+x.

C'mon guys! :sigh!:

Now 2GB of 40X would still be better than the Lexar 32X I see, but it's not available. And the 1GB is woeful. I need something I can move from my phone to my cameras (once I replace the phone memory with newer stuff later on), and no feel like I'm penalizing myself. I also use this stuff for Jumpdrive Trio stuff, so while 32X is enough for the phone (12X messes up video and variable comp audio), it's not worth moving to the cameras or thumb drive!

Anywhoo, just a gripe about speed and question about when you're getting the 2GB SD memory.

Xpert memory will go in my next S939 build (alongside my current PC3200LL (love the monitoring functions, and vanity license plate appeal :p: ), but I may have to stick with UltraII or EXtreme for my portable devices for now (wish Ultra III (133x) came in 1GB+).

Hopefully your expertise and name will eventually carry over into the Flash market. I realize it'll take time, so maybe not this upgrade, but next upgrade next winter to ~4GB (and hopefully a new phone by then that has integrated Mpeg1,2,3,4 +WMA/WMV +QT [and some 3D gaming would be nice]. :sunglasse ).

• 2 weeks later...
Hate having to register to ask a 'contact us' kind of question, but here goes;

Why is there pictures of 2GB SD flash memory on Corsair's main page and product SD section, but nothing in their product list? :confused:

Also what's with the whimpy 40X guys! :(:

I love your Desktop stuff, but heck I can get generica stuff faster than that, and there's been Panasonic, Lexar and SanDisk 60+X stuff for over a year at 1GB, and now there's 80+x.

C'mon guys! :sigh!:

Now 2GB of 40X would still be better than the Lexar 32X I see, but it's not available. And the 1GB is woeful. I need something I can move from my phone to my cameras (once I replace the phone memory with newer stuff later on), and no feel like I'm penalizing myself. I also use this stuff for Jumpdrive Trio stuff, so while 32X is enough for the phone (12X messes up video and variable comp audio), it's not worth moving to the cameras or thumb drive!

Anywhoo, just a gripe about speed and question about when you're getting the 2GB SD memory.

Xpert memory will go in my next S939 build (alongside my current PC3200LL (love the monitoring functions, and vanity license plate appeal :p: ), but I may have to stick with UltraII or EXtreme for my portable devices for now (wish Ultra III (133x) came in 1GB+).

Hopefully your expertise and name will eventually carry over into the Flash market. I realize it'll take time, so maybe not this upgrade, but next upgrade next winter to ~4GB (and hopefully a new phone by then that has integrated Mpeg1,2,3,4 +WMA/WMV +QT [and some 3D gaming would be nice]. :sunglasse ).

GrapeApe ... When we first launched the Flash Memory we expected that the 2GB Secure Digital product would be available at or close to the launch. As you've noticed, this is not the case! Looking at my "Magic 8 Ball" on my desk and asking "Will Corsair will have a 40x 2GB SD card available in March of 2005?" the mystical device replies "You can count on it". In all seriousness, we are expecting the 2GB 40x SD in March. Sooner if possible!

As for the speeds we are offering (40x) ... we are new to this! We absolutley plan (and expect) our performance in other memory categories to move with us into the FLASH memory arena. Please be patient! As we enter into the FLASH memory business, we need to develop new relationships, modify existing relationships and build the infastructure and support mechanisms (especially on the manufacturing front) to be able to provide the best performance parts available. Rest assured ... we have 60x (and faster) SD and CF parts in our labs and will bring them to you as quickly as we can!

Look for Xpert modules in the market now ... they are shipping!

Thanks for your support!

Look for Xpert modules in the market now ... they are shipping!

Thanks for your support!

Ok, thanks for the Reply, will have to pass on you for this round of SD upgrading, but catch you next time. As for the Xpert, still waiting for them to appear locally in Canada, but no rush, still waiting for the HIS X800XL too (HIS said 2nd week of Feb they hit their distributor in BC [then on to Alberta for me)], so likely be buying/building in a few weeks (probably after it's stopped snowing and I take a break from skiing). :cool:

Good luck with the new lines, hope to see you in about 9-12 mths with some new products. :sunglasse

Archived