Corsair Community

Corsair Link for H110i V2 not saving my fanspeed and RAM LED after a power off

ViTosS

Hello, I have one Corsair H110i V2 and when I power off my PC (pull the cord from PSU or just switch the back of PSU to off) and then I go to start the PC I lost all my Corsair Vengeance LED Red RAM configuration (I like static light) and also my fans (replaced the stock ones for two SP140 Led White 3-pin) that I connect to the block are all crazy, spinning low and fast untill I log to Windows and open the Corsair Link and then they are set as I wish.

I saw some people saying for an user with H100i V2 to save as default his settings going to Options>Devices and selecting H100i V2, but in mine Corsair Link there is no option to save as default, I'm also using the latest firmware 2.0.0 and the latest Corsair Link 4.8.0.82.

Any help?

Edit.: I would like to say that even if I don't power the PC completely off, my settings aren't saved until I open Corsair Link again, is this normal? Also is normal for the H110i V2 spins the fans fast and slow all the time until I open Corsair Link?

The SP140 Led White 3-pin are 3-pin voltage and the there is no such cooler as a "H110i V2"

All Corsair AIO coolers only support 4-pin PWM fans.

Where I bought it was marked as H110i ''V2'', I think the store wanted to show it's the newest version, not the GT one.

And I'm using the 3-pin fan on the header that goes out from the unit, the Y connection, both plugged there as 3-pin and working, the only problem is that they spin fast and slow all the time and the LEDs keep turning on and off and sometines not completely off, just more weak. But the problem of the fans spinning crazy was happening too with the stock ones.

Do you know something about the Corsair Link not saving the settings as default to stop this thing everytime I turn my PC on?

I am unsure what you have, if you post the CL4 [Home] tab this may make things clearer and I expect the SIV screen shots will add total clarity.

Again, all Corsair AIO coolers only support 4-pin PWM fans so 3-pin fans will not work as expected.

1. The SIV initial + [uSB Bus] + [Link Devices] + [Link Status] + [Link Fans] + [Link LEDs] panels allow the root cause of many hardware issues to be determined and resolved.
  2. If you need help with a CL hardware issue I recommend attaching these screen shots to your post using names such as [Link Devices].png.
  3. You should also ensure your PC Specs are up to date and specify the Windows Build number.
  4. Check the devices are present on Devices and Printers and confirm that Windows Device Manager is not reporting any issues.
  5. ALL of the files in the siv.zip release should be extracted to C:\Program Files\SIV\ or similar and SIV should be run from there.

I am unsure what you have, if you post the CL4 [Home] tab this may make things clearer and I expect the SIV screen shots will add total clarity.

Again, all Corsair AIO coolers only support 4-pin PWM fans so 3-pin fans will not work as expected.

Where is this [Home] tab I am not finding in your software, and the problem is also hapening with the 4-pin that comes with the H110i, they spin crazy until I open the Corsair Link and they finally load the presets and stay normal, but whenever I turn off my PC and turn on I need to reopen the Corsair Link to normalize the fans, also the LED of the RAM need to be set again to static mode.

Oh, my bad, you were saying about the home tab from CL (Corsair Link), got it now. There you go, it's attached now :D:

tab.thumb.jpg.a38547c5e1f657006e6f28401ad1187b.jpg

hometab.thumb.jpg.cfc8bbb9c6ca9160e4bb44aea95e8340.jpg

There you go, it's attached now :D:

OK, you have a H110i rather than the H110i V2 that you specified.

I specified five SIV screens and you only posted one. You need to post the others.

With the fans it all depends on how they are configured, from CL4 click on each of the H110i fans and post the two config panels.

I expect the H110i pump is running in performance mode, I suspect quit will be fast enough and surest you change this.

OK, you have a H110i rather than the H110i V2 that you specified.

I specified five SIV screens and you only posted one. You need to post the others.

With the fans it all depends on how they are configured, from CL4 click on each of the H110i fans and post the two config panels.

I expect the H110i pump is running in performance mode, I suspect quit will be fast enough and surest you change this.

Sorry, english is not my best but I got now what you wanted, but I'm using the fans directly to the mobo now because they go very crazy until I open CL if I use them in Y splitter, but my RAM LED as I said is not keeping the settings when I turn PC off and on. Everything (I think I put everything) is attached now, thank you for your help.

1908308732_USBbusLinkDevices.thumb.jpg.ec961b474cfb0ae5517d4b4e18c5db7c.jpg

Fans.thumb.jpg.86d84eff1547271f2a3a04e85677581a.jpg

RAMLed.thumb.jpg.be682f3ef7006a82e0a042c50effb8b9.jpg

CLinfo.thumb.jpg.fe5281fd7cd20530ab1de4247cdc3a71.jpg

So just completing my post, these are all my fans, CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT are the ones at 900RPM I'm using in the H110i but connected to the mobo to avoid that crazy spin I said in the earlier post, and also now I included my PUMP_FAN speed I forgot (using HWInfo and CL):

Edit.: If it is going to help you, I can record a video of my fans connected in the H110i unit and show when I boot to Windows until I load CL how they act, the LEDs turning weaker, on and off, and the RPM crazy getting up and down until I open CL, I can record if that is going to help, just let me know :)

allfans.thumb.jpg.225392b4d3133894dd1b54ea4d9f1df3.jpg

Sorry, english is not my best but I got now what you wanted, but I'm using the fans directly to the mobo now because they go very crazy until I open CL if I use them in Y splitter, but my RAM LED as I said is not keeping the settings when I turn PC off and on. Everything (I think I put everything) is attached now, thank you for your help.

Again you have failed to post the screens I asked for and have now also moved the fans from the H110i to the motherboard so I am unable to try and help you.

I suggest you contact Corsair support via https://support.corsair.com/ and ask them to talk you through how to configure things.

Again you have failed to post the screens I asked for and have now also moved the fans from the H110i to the motherboard so I am unable to try and help you.

I suggest you contact Corsair support via https://support.corsair.com/ and ask them to talk you through how to configure things.

What else do I need to post? You asked me this things:

The SIV initial (posted) + [uSB Bus] (posted) + [Link Devices] (posted) + [Link Status] (I believe is the Corsair About Info?) + [Link Fans] (posted) + [Link LEDs] (posted unit and RAM LEDs).

And my Windows build is showed in SIV in the first screen, but I can post again here, also I see you asked Devices and Printers, here is a screenshot of my Devices and Printers too.

I can plug the fans back to the AIO if you want. But please I prefer your help because Corsair takes too much time to respond tickets and you look like know very well how to solve these things, tell me if I posted everything now please, and if everything is posted I will post again all the screenshots but this time with the fans plugged into H110i.

Thanks again.

devicesandprinters.thumb.jpg.e0e1e5f6003eba03f834f803346592ee.jpg

windowsver.thumb.jpg.111b1a1df1ebbb2fe4b603ac674a100c.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=30735&stc=1&d=1503249548

1. The SIV initial (posted) + [uSB Bus] (posted)
  2. [Link Devices] (posted) + [Link Status] (I believe is the Corsair About Info?) + [Link Fans] (posted) + [Link LEDs] (posted unit and RAM LEDs).
  3. I can plug the fans back to the AIO if you want.
  4. But please I prefer your help because Corsair takes too much time to respond tickets and you look like know very well how to solve these things, tell me if I posted everything now please, and if everything is posted.

1. OK, but these are the only two SIV screens you have posted.
  2. These are SIV screens and you have not posted them. Looking at [uSB Bus] above it would be clear these are SIV screens and all the screen I asked for are SIV screens. I have asked twice for these screens and now I have to explain what should be clear.
  3. I asked you to post the CL4 fan configuration panels, but rather than doing as I asked you connected the cooler fan to the motherboard.
  4. You don't seem to understand what I am asking for so I can't see how I can help you.
  5. Ask Corsair support for help.

1859989454_USBBus.thumb.png.0cfc037ec5704d3def84a9ad31273b13.png

1. OK, but these are the only two SIV screens you have posted.
  2. These are SIV screens and you have not posted them. Looking at [uSB Bus] above it would be clear these are SIV screens and all the screen I asked for are SIV screens. I have asked twice for these screens and now I have to explain what should be clear.
  3. I asked you to post the CL4 fan configuration panels, but rather than doing as I asked you connected the cooler fan to the motherboard.
  4. You don't seem to understand what I am asking for so I can't see how I can help you.
  5. Ask Corsair support for help.

Oh my bad, I was misunderstanding Link Status, Link Devices because of Corsair Link, I thought the Link you mean was about the Corsair Link, and now I see inside the USB Bus that are those options, sorry my bad man, here you go. Just a side note, I need to try several times to open USB Bus, because almost every time that I click and the program stop responding and I need to close it.

I think I put everything now, all the images you need.

home.thumb.jpg.51cad2a6320bb561a11d84c63284f0f9.jpg

usbbus.thumb.jpg.2a7c9e4946cf73eff6ea9ae40eb19449.jpg

linkstatus.thumb.jpg.3d7c8e09208e9a66a65fec4de3459880.jpg

linkfans.thumb.jpg.1f72d24a90d06592c7cabb4b57b28b06.jpg

linkleds.thumb.jpg.c479dc5459cb2a4ce7bddb84e7578cfa.jpg

devicesandprinters.thumb.jpg.0dbfbb031c363ef2708f866f6a3f9ef6.jpg

clfans.thumb.jpg.813c0ebdfeecd36414088fd7e5097004.jpg

linkdevices.thumb.jpg.0d546df0ca146bc462057c1d9b73dc1c.jpg

When I ask for [Link Fans] I am asking for as below, rather than the whole screen. OK, I can sort it out, but why should I have to? I also asked for .PNG rather than .JPG as this gives sharper/crisper images.

attachment.php?attachmentid=30745&stc=1&d=1503258676

When I looked at this I can see you have 3-pin voltage fans, but the H110i only supports 4-pin PWM fans.

The SP140 Led White 3-pin are 3-pin voltage and the there is no such cooler as a "H110i V2"

All Corsair AIO coolers only support 4-pin PWM fans.

Given I specified this before why are you still using 3-pin voltage fans?

You can't sensibly use 3-pin voltage fans and unless you change to use 4-pin PWM I will not try and help you. What do you wish to do?

I have now asked four times for the CL4 H110i fan configuration panels and still you have not posted them :(:. You get to these by doing a Left/Click on each H110i fan from the CL4 [Home] tab. Once you have changed the fans to be 4-pin PWM you need to post these.

I also wish to see a new [Link Fans] panel so I can be sure you are using 4-pin PWM fans.

1330801359_LinkFans.thumb.png.3e4fee1957c1f1c0e5500ca832b8f300.png

When I ask for [Link Fans] I am asking for as below, rather than the whole screen. OK, I can sort it out, but why should I have to? I also asked for .PNG rather than .JPG as this gives sharper/crisper images.

When I looked at this I can see you have 3-pin voltage fans, but the H110i only supports 4-pin PWM fans.

Given I specified this before why are you still using 3-pin voltage fans?

You can't sensibly use 3-pin voltage fans and unless you change to use 4-pin PWM I will not try and help you. What do you wish to do?

I have now asked four times for the CL4 H110i fan configuration panels and still you have not posted them :(:. You get to these by doing a Right/Click on each H110i fan from the CL4 [Home] tab. Once you have changed the fans to be 4-pin PWM you need to post these.

I also wish to see a new [Link Fans] panel so I can be sure you are using 4-pin PWM fans.

Alright, I swaped out my LED fans to the stock ones (4-pin), and there is nothing when I click right button in my CL4 (Corsair Link 4, right?) at the H110i fans, no window popup, right click button does nothing to that as you can see, and here is the Link Fans this time in PNG and only the window of it.

corsairlink4homefans.thumb.png.15ab2800e64fadf04d750335eabedf7b.png

LinkFans.thumb.png.1795774711a63ac95e790b0b4b7549e9.png

OK, I should have said Left/Click, then again you should have tried a Left/Click.

I am not used to giving the this level of detail you seem to need. Please contact Corsair Support.

No problem man, everybody makes mistakes (I did a lot in this thread haha :D:)

But I think my problem is gone now with 4-pin, in the end you were right, even I being able to control the 3-pin in Corsair Link, they were acting very weird until I open the CL software. Also I just need one clarification now, is it normal when I start the PC (power on) the H110i fans (4-pin now) spins very fast and make a lot of noise and then they reduce to the normal speed (seems they are reducing to the one 40% I set in CL even if I don't open the CL), so all my problem now is with the RAM LED, is it normal the RAM LED not saving until I open Corsair Link? Thank you so much for the atention you gave me. ;):. Here is my left click in the fans and also my RAM LED chosen.

I already contacted Corsair, but for now seems like the fan spinning issue is resolved, I just wanted to know if it is normal the fans spin like RPM max when I start the PC and then they act like in the CL preferences after. And about my RAM LED not saving the static color.

clfan1.thumb.png.450f6ae7181482292bfaa8d2fba4a6da.png

clfan2.thumb.png.29622c58d6aefbbd836f0798ab5ab7f0.png

clramled.thumb.png.7a5550df77654d4d49da3d003d306ee9.png

1. Good, I feel the H110i box needs to have only use 4-pin PWM fans printed on it.
  2. AFAIK on power-up the LED DIMMs will revert to flashing 'till CL4 runs and sets what you selected.
  3. On power-up the fans will run a full speed for a few seconds while the firmware initialises and then slow down.
  4. The H110i Pump should be fast enough in quiet mode.
  5. I advise you to change both the H110i fans from Fixed % to Custom using the H110i Temperature to control the speed so they will automatically speed up when they need to.

1. Good, I feel the H110i box needs to have only use 4-pin PWM fans printed on it.
  2. AFAIK on power-up the LED DIMMs will revert to flashing 'till CL4 runs and sets what you selected.
  3. On power-up the fans will run a full speed for a few seconds while the firmware initialises and then slow down.
  4. The H110i Pump should be fast enough in quiet mode.
  5. I advise you to change both the H110i fans from Fixed % to Custom using the H110i Temperature to control the speed so they will automatically speed up when they need to.

Alright, if I buy 2 140mm fans but 4-pin this time I can use normally?

Thanks man!

Archived