Corsair Community

h100iV2 help needed

lJesterl

It is very possible everything is working fine but its just running/reading strange or maybe not enough of a load to run things faster. I built my PC about 2-3 months ago. My CPU is i7 7700k and my MOBO is Asus IX Code. I went with a h60 first but my temps stayed at 100 degrees under any type of load and no matter what changes I made. Today i received my H100i v2 that I ordered. I am 100% sure that I hooked it up correctly and I disabled QFAN in the BIOS. I hooked the pump to the cpu_fan header on my board and I hooked the 2 fans up to the Y splitter on the h100i. Both fans are 3 pin and both plugins on the Y splitter are 4 pinish. The first plug on the Y splitter has 4 pins and im using the first 3, the 2nd plug on the Y splitter is really strange. It has 2 pins, a gap and then the 3rd pin. If that makes sense lol. Maybe thats normal but i find it strange. Its like its suppose to be 4 pin but one is missing so it looks like this ||X| so the fan is only using the first 2 pins.

In CPUID and Corsair Link the "CPU FAN" or pump is only average around 1400 RPM never any higher. I can not get it any higher try as I may. I have everything over clocked right now and several apps running to raise the temperature but the pump never gets faster than 1400 RPM. It seemed like on my h60 the pump speed was hitting either 2000 or 4000 i cant remember.

Also in Corsair Link its not showing my configuration properly. As far as I can tell its showing the PUMP as "MB FAN" and the fans attached to the h100i are showing as H100i v2 Pump and H100 v2 Fan. The one showing as pump is around 2800 RPM and the one showing as fan is 2200 RPM. Both fans are corsair SP120 (didn't use the original h100i fans because i'm weird) I will attach a screenshot and see if it is helpful. On a side note I recieved a random boot up error earlier after updating drivers and rebooting. It was Q-LED error code CC and then 55 which isnt in the manual and n one seems to know other than something about cooler too tight or memory issue. IDK. I reseated everything and booted back up.

corsair_help.thumb.png.c7c95c8354aaa84e762df7db17d53254.png

1. It would be easier to help you if you used http://forum.corsair.com/forums/profile.php?do=extra
  2. Post the [Home] rather than [configure] tab as it's easier to see the information
  3. You need to use 4-pin PWM fans as the H100iV2 does not support 3-pin voltage fans. The 3-pin voltage fans will spin at full speed all the time :(:.
  4. Half the pump speed is reported to the CPU_FAN header so 1400 is 2800 RPM.
  5. The missing pin-3 is the speed signal and only one of the H100iV2 fan speeds is reported

Sorry I missed that, must get some new glasses, I was looking at a thread on the keyboards forum and I read the title as 3 broken kneecaps, need help. I thought, if he had 3 kneecaps and broke all 3 he needs more help than anyone here can give. It turned out to be 3 broken keycaps.

Thanks for the replies I do appreciate it. snapper69 I hope you find some good glasses :). I will switch out the 3pin SPL120 fans that I put on it with the stock SP120 4 Pin fans and see what happens. Its running fine now but I dont like the idea of the fans running full speed at all times. That doesn't give it any room to pick up and get faster if needed and im sure they dont need to be running full speed all the time. Im using a 600t case and I had to mount the rad inside and fans outside sorta on top of the case under the mesh cover. At least I wont see these ugly stock fans as much lol

You can also move the 3 pin DC SP120's to the motherboard or another fan controller that works on DC voltage. This is likely all of your board headers. At 2200 rpm you don't need any more fan speed. That is far more than you need for nearly everything, but I couldn't live with the fans that loud on a permanent basis, so you likely do want to change fans or change control points. Max IX should have fan delays built into the BIOS to help with the fans ramping up and down, but regardless of what Asus says, they don't always work depending on the control header. The included 4 pin SP120L is essentially the same fan, minus the ring, so there shouldn't be any performance difference.

Archived