Corsair Community

bsod..no more!!

hi all..just a mention.

i have been getting bsod (machine check exception) for a while now...and i have found in my particular case it is nothing to do with my ram!!

in fact it was my motherboard drivers causing it....nvidia chipset drivers and in particular nvidia sw-ide driver.

after reinstalling i had no errors till i loaded this driver....un-installed it and all runs fine...even clocked system a little to check it...all good.

must be that the conflict is down to sp2 and ide driver contained in the update????

i hope this can help some others using same mobo as me.... :D:

hi all..just a mention.

i have been getting bsod (machine check exception) for a while now...and i have found in my particular case it is nothing to do with my ram!!

in fact it was my motherboard drivers causing it....nvidia chipset drivers and in particular nvidia sw-ide driver.

after reinstalling i had no errors till i loaded this driver....un-installed it and all runs fine...even clocked system a little to check it...all good.

must be that the conflict is down to sp2 and ide driver contained in the update????

What other issues was this causing? I have had a brutal time with my new ASUS AN8 SLI board where the system is not very stable and my IDE DVD ROM just decides to QUIT installing software. HMMMMMMMM These NVidia drivers are common to both boards I believe.

I have the same problem although I am running a different board. My specs are below.

AMD 64 3500+ 939 pin (Winchester)

MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum

1 gb total - CORSAIR TWINX1024-3200C2 2X64X64 400MHZ 2X512MB (MATCHED PAIR) CL2 DDR DIMM W/HEAT SPREADER

ANTEC PLUS1080AMG FILE SERVER TOWER W/TRUE430 430W ATX POWER SUPPLY

PixelView GeForce FX 5600 256 mb

2 - Fujitsu 10.1 gb hd's

1 - Western Digital 60 gb hd

1 - NEC 3500AG Dual Layer Dvd-rw

I tried what you did. I thought I had the problem fixed. After 2 hours, the machine had the same error again. I really do not want to send the system board back, but I may have to.

I have run a memory test using a linux setup disc. I let the tester run for 1 1/2 hours and it completed 4 complete test and some of test #5. There where no errors during this test.

I am so frustrated with this situation. I do not believe it is the new hardware...

hi all..just a mention.

• 2 weeks later...

hi,sorry long time to reply.

well i have not had any more bsod since i removed this nvidia sw-ide driver.i also bought a new pc power & cooling psu and i have made 2 comps to spread load on cpu.now i am running a sata rig(fx-55) and an ide rig(64/3000)

only 1 gb ddr400 in each.

it seems to me that i had too many things in here to make errors..ie,14 hdisk/4x512mb sticks of ram and bad psu's!!

so i have tried to keep it simple 4 now.oh i also reseated my cpu and instantly my temps dropped by 15 deg too...so again another potential bsod maker??

i would rather spend time making 3d projects than spendimng the last 3 mnths testing and playin with my comp just to get it to load into xp!

my ram is set to 2.5/3/3/6 at mo...seems oki too.

guess no real cure to be had...just take care wen loading up n watch voltages!

Archived