Corsair Community

H100i GTX warranty question...

7sixes

Hey guys,

Here is a scenario: what can Corsair do if my h100i gtx developed a clog in one of the pipes and it stopped pumping correctly. One tube was very hot, one very cold and part of the radiator was very hot. This went on for an undetermined amount of time before I realized what was happening. What if this issue fried my Fx-9370 processor? If corsair replaces my h100i, can they do something about my processor since their faulty product led to its demise?

Thanks guys!

I am assuming the "fried CPU" is a theoretical question. Warranty claims are handled on a case by case basis in accordance with the terms outlined in the warranty agreement. No one should be giving you legal advice here as to what those terms mean or what kind of future claims you might be able to make.

However, going on with your actual situation, it would extremely difficult for you to damage your processor in this way. CPU's have a thermal shutdown point for a reason. That is where the damage is done and it shuts down below that point. It is not like fuse that is "blown" if you hit the limit. The processor would require an extended amount of time at that limit point. This is very hard to achieve in reality. Most people notice the problem well below the shutdown point when the CPU throttles and things get choppy. In an unexpected situation, you would hit the thermal shutdown and know something went wrong. I had this happen a few weeks ago on a non-Corsair cooler and the roar of the fans let me know something was amiss long before that point. The only way I can see this becoming a problem is if the temperature somehow managed to stop just short of the of shutdown limit and stay there. You continue to use the PC for weeks with constant core temps at 95-105C and never notice. When most people talk about frying their CPU, it is a current/voltage disaster and not a cooler failure.

Archived