Corsair Community

Keyboard-Audio-Visualizer

Darth Affe

Hi I have a K95 RGB platinum and the lights on my keyboard doesnt work when using this app. Any ideas?

The K95 PLATINUM is supported and I know for sure it's working for someone else, so it might be one of the "basic issues":

- Is CUE and the device-firmware up to date?

- Is SDK-support in CUE enabled?

- Are you using a CUE-profile which keeps overwriting the colors? (color cycle or something like that)

- If you checked all; is another application using the SDK working?

I'm currently working on the new version (which I plan to release in the course of the next week) which includes an SDK-update. Maybe this helps with issues like this too.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did I misunderstand the description in the first post or lightbar and keys are not supposed to work independently? I mean, I have selected FREQUENCY BARS in KEYBOARD and LEVEL in LIGHTBAR/MOUSEPAD, but lightbar doesn't work.

This should work.

Just to make that sure, when you say lightbar you talk about the K95RGB PLATINUM?

What is happening with this settings? Is the lightbar just black, or does it show something (wrong)?

Yeah, I have K95 RGB PLATINUM.

The lightbar doesn't show anything. Unless of course the bars are high enough to "reach" it. But the level doesn't seem work along with the bars.

Also, when I stop playing the music (I'm using foobar), that moment I stop it at gets looped and I get this kind buzzing sound that keeps going on until I close the visualizer.

The lightbar issue sounds a bit like you're using an old version are you sure you're running 1.0.1?

With the audio-issue I can't help much. I'm using cscore for audio-capturing, maybe it's a problem between it and foobar or your audio driver (if it happens with other media-players too). I'll update cscore with the next version, this might also help.

i love to use this program and have used it ever since it came out

it's updated recently! it makes me feel really glad.

v1.1 works great for me. but there is some idea i'd like to put in this program

i really want to put a function that automatically execute this program at start up.

it's a bit inconvenient to click the program every time i turn on my computer.

and it would be great if there is more variety of pattern of visualizer! THX for everything.

I'm glad you like it :)

i really want to put a function that automatically execute this program at start up.

Well this is a basic windows functionality - I don't know what windows version you're using, but it's easy to find on google. In most cases this should work.

and it would be great if there is more variety of pattern of visualizer!

Yeah, that's what this program was initially planned for, but I somehow realised, that I'm to stupid to write cool audio-visualizations (like real "visualizations") ... Maybe one day I get a good idea, I'd definitely love to do more.

Would it be possible to add the ability to have a static color underneath the visualizer? I work and play in a dimly lit room. It would be nice to have a very dimly white on all the keys at all times with the visualizer overlaid.

Adding level to the mouse/headset would be nice. so it will change colors.

level and beat together would also be really cool.

Also some kind of Phillips hue or tp-link Kasa lighting integration would be very very cool with the beat or volume feature.

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I know CUE is running internally with around 40 fps so going higher than that won't have much advantages. It seems like there aren't any issues with to high update-rates anymore (in older version of the CUE-SDK it could cause freezes) but you still have a higher CPU usage without a real benefit.

Long story short - That's just my personal recommendation since I don't see any improvement by going above 40 fps. If you don't care about higher CPU-usage there shouldn't be any problems with increasing it.

• 2 weeks later...

hey. I just got my new k95 PLATINUM today and found this software.

when executing v1.1 I get the error to double check if SDK is enabled which it is.

EVlUszY.png

KG4KViE.png

[10-Mar-18 16:15:59] Exception!

Could not load file or assembly 'CSCore, Version=1.2.1.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5a08f2b6f4415dea' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

StackTrace:

at KeyboardAudioVisualizer.AudioCapture.CSCoreAudioInput.Initialize()

at KeyboardAudioVisualizer.AudioProcessing.AudioVisualizationFactory.InitializeInstance()

at KeyboardAudioVisualizer.AudioProcessing.AudioVisualizationFactory.Initialize()

at KeyboardAudioVisualizer.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)

edit:

[10-Mar-18 21:18:53] Exception!

IAudioClient::Initialize caused an error: 0x88890008, "Unknown HRESULT".

StackTrace:

at CSCore.SoundIn.WasapiCapture.InitializeInternal()

at CSCore.SoundIn.WasapiCapture.Initialize()

at KeyboardAudioVisualizer.AudioProcessing.AudioVisualizationFactory.InitializeInstance()

at KeyboardAudioVisualizer.AudioProcessing.AudioVisualizationFactory.Initialize()

Hey,

both of the errors looks like you aren't running 1.1 but one of the older versions.

Can you try to download the latest version from here https://github.com/DarthAffe/KeyboardAudioVisualizer/releases?

The problem causing the second exception might still prevent you from using it (it's a problem with fake-suround-drivers of some devices (mostly headsets)) but the exception you got indicates that it didn't use the workaround i added with the latest version, which tries to get around it.

ok I redownloaded it from the github link you provided me and I still got an error

[11-Mar-18 11:38:35] Exception!

IAudioClient::Initialize caused an error: 0x88890008, "Unknown HRESULT".

StackTrace:

at CSCore.SoundIn.WasapiCapture.InitializeInternal()

at CSCore.SoundIn.WasapiCapture.Initialize()

however I still tried using Virtual Audio Cable and that got it to work. Virtual Audio Cable is a pain in the *** though.

okay on long term using it with Virtual Audio Cable becomes a real bother. Is there no way to fix it for me so it Default playback device? cuz I get those errors from the previous messages only when not using virtual audi cable

Well like I said earlier, this has something to do with the audio-driver used.

You could try around with audio-settings in the driver if possible, or in windows. For example you could try setting it to 24 bit 44100Hz if it isn't already set to it.

Aside from playing around with the settings I don't see a way to fix this.

• 1 month later...
I just got my first gaming keyboard today and its a k95 platinum, I can get the visualizer working but I cant save the settings on it. Also I can't seem to make a shortcut for it, so it goes away if I hit the profile key. Then I have to find it in downloads again, do you know a way to fix this?

I just got my first gaming keyboard today and its a k95 platinum, I can get the visualizer working but I cant save the settings on it. Also I can't seem to make a shortcut for it, so it goes away if I hit the profile key. Then I have to find it in downloads again, do you know a way to fix this?

I now made a shortcut but setting wont save.

Archived