Corsair Community

CMX512-3200C2Pro

MajorKhaos

I've got problems with 4 sticks of the above ram :(

I can't remember if they were bought as a matched pair or not as it was well over a year ago.

At the moment, every time I fit them to any of my 3 PC's I get the lights do a funny pattern and then the machines bleep at me complaining about memory errors.

Help.

OK here's the info

PC1

Dell Precision 650 Workstation. CPU 2* XEON 2.8Ghz

PC2

Dell Precision 360 Workstation. CPU P4 2.4Ghz

PC3

Asus A8N SLi-Deluxe motherboard.

Don't know who makes the boards for Dell, sorry.

Regarding the memory timings, The Dell PC's do not give options in the bios to change the timings.

When I put the ram in the ASUS board, i'm not able to get to the bios scren to chack / adjust the memory values, as the PC wil just beep the memory failed error code and keep looping a restart. CPU is an AMD64 3500 at stock [Auto] speeds. CPU Multiplier is x11 I think and the memory should be at the auto setting of 200Mhz.

Memtest is a no go on any of the PC's either as none of them will allow me to start.

:confused:

• Corsair Employees

I am not sure that these modules will run your Dell systems.

But they should not be a problem with the ASUS MB, can you test the modules one at a time and I would reset the bios with the CLRTC jumper and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and set the timings manually if the system will post. But if you mix the modules you would need to make sure they are all the same part# and revision.

There are 2 pairs of the same revisions.

Pair of V1.0 and a pair of V1.1's. Come to think of it each pair have identical details, so I'm guessing that they were bought as TwinX.

I've tried all ways to get the pairs to work but no success, they were destined to go into the Asus board, but I cannot get the machine to POST with either single dimm / Matched Pair or the two matched pairs.

?

• Corsair Employees
I am not clear on what you are trying to say! Please call our tech support at 888-222-4346 and dial "2" that will take you right to Tech support. But if the modules will all run in your Dell system but not the ASUS that would suggest a problem with the ASUS MB or CPU!

• Corsair Employees
You should call our Tech support (888-222-4346-2) and we will help you with that. But it would be almost impossible to get that many failing modules from us as all of our XMS modules are tested in MB at their rated speed befor they leave our factory.

Archived