Corsair Community

Twinx1024-xms3200c2

GermanGuy

• Corsair Employees
It’s the cost to make the specific module. And Most Value Select modules are made over sea's, where as we make all of our XMS modules here in the USA. Not to mention the IC's we use for XMS3200C2 are more expensive than the IC's we use to make our Value Select.

• Corsair Employees
Well no net really! They are the same grade of IC, just the IC's used to make our XMS are brand name IC's ( Samsung or ProMos) for the most part, where as the IC's we use to make our Value Select are generic. Kind of like the difference between buying a name brand in the grocery store verses a generic brand.

Hello!

Is it normal that the programmed timings of these memory sticks are 3-3-3-8, although Corsair guarantees the operation on AMD systems with timings of 2,5-3-3-6?

Thanks for help!

I have this same RAM. Being a revision 4 it will run 1:1|2-2-2-5 [64uSec] Refresh Rate on my Intel setup @ stock. Haven't had any problems getting it to a 240 MHz FSB @ 1:1|3-3-3-8 [7.8uSec] Refresh Rate. Highest but not stable for 3D applications has been a 250 FSB @ 1:1|3-4-4-8 with a Sandra Memory score of 6100 mb/s.

I once tried to overclock my system, but even with only 205 Mhz, the system would freeze. Nor did relaxed timings let me overclock the system a little. I have revision 5.1 sticks. With 200 Mhz, the best possible timings on my AMD system are 2,5-3-3-6. Changing one to a more aggressive latency, Memtest immediately reveals hundreds of errors during the first pass.

• 2 weeks later...
I have this same RAM. Being a revision 4 it will run 1:1|2-2-2-5 [64uSec] Refresh Rate on my Intel setup @ stock. Haven't had any problems getting it to a 240 MHz FSB @ 1:1|3-3-3-8 [7.8uSec] Refresh Rate. Highest but not stable for 3D applications has been a 250 FSB @ 1:1|3-4-4-8 with a Sandra Memory score of 6100 mb/s.

BLUEDOG: I've got the same memory and P4 3.0C on an ASUS board, and I'm also maxing around 3.6 (240 clock, 960 FSB), Sandra04=5600+. Could we compare notes? Shoot me an email... (click my name above) Thanks!

Archived