Corsair Community

Bad CMX512-3200C2PT

doc3379

I have on stick of CMX512-3200C2PT and I am trying to use it in an Asus A7N8X Deluxe board with no luck. I posted up once before about this problem a few months ago and was told to check my voltage settings in cmos, and after doing that I still have stability issues with my system crashing. I'm pretty sure that the memory is bad cause I have purchased 2 sticks of 256 Kingston KVR memory to replace the Corsair module and have had no problems since then. But anytime that I insert the Corsair memory I have problems. HELP!

I guess that would be helpful info. I am running a Asus A7N8X Deluxe board with AMD XP2700. Right now the FSB is at 333 cause everytime that I try to set it to go to 400 is freaks out and crashes. Also I have never mixed the two different types of ram. I tried the Corsair first and it didnt work. So i went to buy new memory (the Kingston) to see if it was the memory or not. The setting I were given last time for the CMX512 was 2.5/3/3/6 mem freq @ 100% and dim voltage at 2.7 volts. If it is possible to use these different types of memory together that would be great and I would like to know how. But if not, I plan to pickup another stick of your Corsair memory provideing that we can get this one that I already have to work. This is my first experience with Corsair and so far it has not been very pleasant. I hear great things about your product and would like to keep useing it. Please let me know what to do.

• Corsair Employees

Please try and load setup defaults with just our module installed and then set these settings manually and test the module with http://www.memtest.org.

CPU Freq: 166 MHz

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

System Performance: User Define

Resulting Frequency: 166MHz

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

If you do still get errors, then let’s get the module replaced, but if you are going to get another module any way I would talk to the reseller and see if they will let you send this one back and just get a Twinx1024-3200C2 instead.

For the RMA if you need to get that module replaced by us?

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!!

I'm about to make these changes and let it run for a day or so to burn in. Even if the Corsair memory starts working, would I be better off useing the 2 sticks of Kingston since I get dual channel mode. Or should I run just the single stick of CMX512 until I can get another?

Archived