Corsair Community

Do i need Commander Pro or CLNP

RGB Maniac

I will be building my system soon and i want to know if i will be able to control the following components with Corsair Link without Commander pro or CLNP:

3x corsair 140mm fans(non-rgb)- change the rpm with Corsair Link

Corsair h115i- change the color of the pump and the rpm of the fans with Corsair link

Rm850x psu- monitor the Power usage with Corsair link

I wont be using any LED Strips.

Thanks

ii buy 3x hd140 RGB fans, will i need the node pro or the Commander is enough?

The CLCP effectively includes a CLNP and can control the LEDs of up to 12 x RGB fans.

You need to get the 2 x HD140 kit that includes the LED hub

The HD RGB LED fans are 4-pin PWM :biggrin:

My question is: do the two controllers connect to each other and if yes how or what cables are needed?

No, forget about the HD Lighting Controller that came with the 3 pack, use one of the 2 wire cables to connect the LED hub to the CLCP and connect the 3 fan LEDs to ports 1 + 2 + 3.

You can connect the fans to any of the CLCP fan headers, but I would use 1 + 2 + 3.

1. A little confused. You state don't use the LED Hub
  2. but then say "2 wire cables to connect the LED hub to the CLCP ". Do you mean a three prong cable (With 2 wires) from LED Hub (came with 3xfan) to CLCP ?
  3. What connector on the CLCP? (#1 LED Header):confused:

1. No, I said don't use HD Lighting Controller that came with the 3 pack
  2. Yes
  3. Either CLCP LED Port should be fine, I would use #1

I was confused with what I called the HD Hub. Disconnected the controller (three button switch) from the hub & connected three pin cable that uses two wires to CLCP. At first only one fan had LED activity, but figured out how to add the two other fans by clicking + and setting the colors and effect. All working and will be adding more fans.

Thanks for help.

Archived