Corsair Community

HD120/140 Fan advice

Ratchet44

Howdy guys.

So I use the Corsair 780T case. and recently upgraded the 2x140mm fans at the front for 3xHD120. Whilst at it, I also chose to upgrade the rear exhaust fan for a HD140, and replaced the 2x140mm fans on the H115i with HD140s.

I have a spare pack of HD120's, and I want to use them in Push/Pull configuration with the H115i and have them sat on the top of the case in all there RGB glory.

My question is two fold.

I am yet to purchase, but will be getting the Commander Pro for the existing 6 HD120/140 fans already installed. How do I go about getting another 3 fans to sync with the others as the Commander Pro only allows for 6 I believe?

Also.. I know it is possible to just put power to the fans and have them spin at full wack via power to the PSU. Is there anything I can buy that can give me control over the fan speeds also?

I appreciate your help.

1. You need 2 x fan LED hubs and as the CLCP (Commander Pro) has two LED ports it can control the LEDs of up to 12 fans.
  2. Push/pull on a H115i is total overkill and you would need HD140 fans to do this.
  3. The CLCP can control the speed of up to 6 fans.
  4. Any fans connected to the PSU will run at full speed.
  5. The two HD140 fans for the H115i radiator should be connected to and controlled by the H115i.
  6. It would be easier to help you is you used http://forum.corsair.com/forums/profile.php?do=extra.

1. You need 2 x fan LED hubs and as the CLCP (Commander Pro) has two LED ports it can control the LEDs of up to 12 fans.
  2. Push/pull on a H115i is total overkill and you would need HD140 fans to do this.
  3. The CLCP can control the speed of up to 6 fans.
  4. Any fans connected to the PSU will run at full speed.
  5. The two HD140 fans for the H115i radiator should be connected to and controlled by the H115i.
  6. It would be easier to help you is you used http://forum.corsair.com/forums/profile.php?do=extra.

1) I have 2 so thats great.

2) It certainly is overkill, and it is being done for aesthetics rather than cooling efficiency. The case allows for 3 fans to sit on the top exhaust side.

3) OK

4)

5) The 2 HD140 fans for the H115 are connected to and controlled by the H115i. The hub is controlling the LED output..

6) Updated,

Thankyou.

Archived