Corsair Community

Bad Ram?

vulturefury

I bought a TWINX512-3200LLPT Corsair from microcenter about a month ago. When i updated my bios i noticed that my computer wouldn't load into windows and automatically shuts down. I thought it was an os falture and repaired and fresh installed my os. That didnt solve the probem and now i get a blue screen. Then i tried rolling back my BIOS and clearing the CCMOS still get the blue screen. Then i removed one of the memory modules and now my computer loads and starts installing Xp. After window finished installing i try both Ram modules again and i get the same blue screen. When i use my old dual ram modules it loads up fine so i dont think its my motherboard.

Could one of my ram modules failed? If not then what else could be causing this?

Spec:

Pet 4 2.6 HT disabled

Abit IC7 motherboard

TWINX512-3200LLPT only one memory chip works

default clocks

• Corsair Employees

Please make sure that you install the memory modules on either slots 1&3 or 2&3 and also have the latest BIOS installed for your MB, load Setup/optimized default settings and try the following BIOS settings;

TwinX1024 or TwinX512-3200LL

Softmenu Setup

CPU Freq: 200

DRAM Clock: 400

CPU/Memory ratio: 1:1

Memory or Dim Reference voltage: 2.7/2.75 Volts

AGP Voltage: Default *unless you have ATI (9200 or 9600) or NVIDIA (5200 or 5700) then 1.6 Volts suggested!*

Advanced/Chipset

Configure Dram timing by SPD: Disabled/User define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

Hyperthreading: Enabled

All other settings should be set to default settings!

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

Archived