Corsair Community

Corsair Commander PRO + Corsair LED HUB + SIV

loonetik

How can I do that with CLCP + SIV?

Is there any way to include a CLCS in the pattern?

Use [Link Setup] and change from 5 x RGB 12 LED Items to 1 x RGB 60 LED Items. This will give you one LED on [Link LEDs] and such as Colour Wave will flow across all 60 LEDs.

You don't have anything connected to the CLCP Port 2 so should set CLCS (2) to Port Disabled.

Double check you only have 1 x RGB 60 LED Items as there is a regression in the CLCP 0.2.136 firmware and setting more may cause issues.

The closest is to do Menu->Profile->Export Lighting and then you can the setup hot keys (Menu->Profile->Hot Keys) to switch to different saved profiles.

Definitely a cool feature. At some point im going to play around with creating something that could let you script.. But this is amazing for now. Thank you man!

Definitely a cool feature.

Give it a few days and I suspect you will be able to have an interesting selection. Try 2 x 30 Colour Wave and set one LED to Reverse.

If you can solder have a look at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=907769. At the moment the CLCP firmware can only control up to 6 x 12 LEDs, but if allowed say 8 x 32 LEDs imagine what could be done. If the firmware ever allows this there will soon be a SIV Beta.

Give it a few days and I suspect you will be able to have an interesting selection. Try 2 x 30 Colour Wave and set one LED to Reverse.

If you can solder have a look at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=907769. At the moment the CLCP firmware can only control up to 6 x 12 LEDs, but if allowed say 8 x 32 LEDs imagine what could be done. If the firmware ever allows this there will soon be a SIV Beta.

The type of coding id be interested in doing is things like interacting with the environment, sound of a game, microphone, etc. Detect when someone walks by and do something. etc.

The type of coding id be interested in doing is things like interacting with the environment, sound of a game, microphone, etc. Detect when someone walks by and do something. etc.

So I guess you are going to reverse engineer the LED control protocol, but given there is no audio input can't see how you can sensibly make the LEDs react to to sound.

You need to use the Global\CorsairLinkReadWriteGuardMutex named mutex to interlock access.

So I guess you are going to reverse engineer the LED control protocol, but given there is no audio input can't see how you can sensibly make the LEDs react to to sound.

You need to use the Global\CorsairLinkReadWriteGuardMutex named mutex to interlock access.

I hope you dont think im trying to make any comments about the awesome work you've done. Or that I am not 100% appreciative. I was just sharing what id like to see/do.

I'm making a ton of assumptions but you are clearly interacting with with sending commands to the devices. I have no clue whats possible but even a program that monitors the computer microphone or music and sends color changes would be cool.

I hope you dont think im trying to make any comments about the awesome work you've done. Or that I am not 100% appreciative. I was just sharing what id like to see/do.

I'm making a ton of assumptions but you are clearly interacting with with sending commands to the devices. I have no clue whats possible but even a program that monitors the computer microphone or music and sends color changes would be cool.

I assumed you wished to develop your own program to control the LEDs via the CLCP and my main aim was to make you aware you should use the mutex to interlock access.

I assume you have/will read http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=663107 to find the H110i protocol information, but the CLCP uses a different protocol. Maybe you should start by controlling the H110i LED then move onto the CLCP. AFAIK I am the only 3rd party to have code that controls CLCP/CLNP LEDs + fans, though AIDA64 + HWiNFO can report the CLCP voltage + fan speed + temperature information (I told them how to do this) and do use the lock, see Menu->Help->Lock Handle.

As to how hard you will find doing this I don't know. To get started you need to use the Setup API to find the device interface by matching the VID + PID, claim the lock, open it for overlapped I/O, call HidP_GetCaps() to get the I/O lengths, do overlapped WriteFile() + ReadFile() operations, close the handle and release the lock. Having got this far you then need to figure out the control protocol or get me to tell you what you need to know.

Thus far all you have said is "what would be cool" and I have no idea how you plan to implement this. In SIV there is about 18,000 lines of C for reporting and controlling Corsair hardware, given you just wish to control LEDs then you won't need that much, but by the time you have implemented all the configuration panels you will probably need several thousand lines of code.

Archived