Corsair Community

Functionality Help

Chily

Hello, I have been trying to set up a profile for normal typing with my K70 RGB Lux. I want to have the end functionality behave like so:

When I press and hold Ctrl (and ONLY Ctrl), I want some keys to light up until I am no longer holding Ctrl.

For example, holding LCtrl should light up the W, A, Z, X, C, V, and F keys in Red.

Currently, the closest I can get to this behavior is to use Lighting Effects > Solid > Select the keys I want to light up > Starts on key pressed and stops on key release.

The resulting functionality I ended up with is that whenever I press any of the selected keys in the group, all the keys light up.

For example, if i have selected LCtrl, Z, X, C. Pressing Z, X, or C will light up all other keys. Instead, I want to only activate the lighting effect when I press LCtrl, not Z, X, or C.

Another way I attempted to do this was to use an Action. Selected key to activate the Action is LCtrl, and the Action is an empty Macro. In the flag Options (On Start options?) selecting the Solid color effect to play on start.

This behaves as such: When I press LCtrl, the keys will light up, but only for the duration of the Lighting time setting in the lighting effect (i.e. lighting time is 10 seconds, pressing LCtrl will light the keys up for 10 seconds by default). This is perhaps closer to my end goal, but I would like for it to light up only for the duration of my key press.

If you have a possible solution you would like to share, I would be happy to hear it!

Hello, I have been trying to set up a profile for normal typing with my K70 RGB Lux. I want to have the end functionality behave like so:

When I press and hold Ctrl (and ONLY Ctrl), I want some keys to light up until I am no longer holding Ctrl.

For example, holding LCtrl should light up the W, A, Z, X, C, V, and F keys in Red.

If you have a possible solution you would like to share, I would be happy to hear it!

See Tutorial: Switching Modes by Modifier Keys and Modifier Key Combos

Archived