Corsair Community

k70 works fine for a week...and then haywire

k70problems

I bought a k70 lux about 2 weeks ago and loved it. Simple, typed well, didn't slide on my desk, and the keyboard wrist rest was actually something I used! I would have liked there to have been 2 usb pass through ports, but I made due with just the one.

A week after using it, I noticed I would have problems with the numpad-+ button. Sometimes it would enter a bunch of garbage characters, strangely enough it would do it if I pressed the key in slightly harder than I normally would. (which makes no sense to me)

But then I noticed that the keyboard would just start going crazy....even after a power cycle on my computer and removing the cue software, the keyboard would start spamming function keys. I would get lots of help window popups, and the like. It was definitely something input by the keyboard because it stopped the second I unplugged it, started again after reconnecting it, and it would have this effect on every program on both of my computers, even the one that I had never used it on.

I exchanged the first one from microcenter for the exact same model.

Again, it worked great for a week. Today I started having the exact same problem! It is driving me nuts.

I have had this problem on two different pc's, both running windows 10. My main PC is on the newer side, a system I built at the end of last summer. My secondary PC is very old, I built that one about 9 years ago. I mostly use the secondary PC as a file server, but on both computers I have experienced no issues with hardware.

This is really annoying that I have to go to microcenter for a third time to exchange the keyboard, but if there is not some way to fix it, I will have to get something besides a Corsair product.

And it's a shame, because when this keyboard works, I like it.

Sometimes it would enter a bunch of garbage characters, strangely enough it would do it if I pressed the key in slightly harder than I normally would. (which makes no sense to me)

Just had this happen to me! I just found a solution that fixed the problem - using onscreen keyboard I managed to get into the control panel, and then "Clock, Language and Region" and then under "Region", "Change date, time or number formats" make sure this is set to be whatever keyboard you are using. For me I am using a UK Keyboard and it was set to "Auto", as soon as I corrected this all of the keys started working again.

Hope this helps!:biggrin:

Archived