Corsair Community

M65 Pro RGB Scroll Wheel irritating problem.

MWH

hello,

the scroll wheel irritatingly "fights back" as some described. If I scroll up it scrolls down in between and vise versa. sometime it doesn't respond for example I scroll twice up or down it register only one scroll. this is extremely annoying when playing games or reading on the web and the page goes wayward when scrolling.

what could be my biggest issue is that I purchased this mouse in the US couple months ago but now I moved out and the RMA cost is more than the mouse itself.

any advice?

thanks,

Edited by MWH

• 2 weeks later...

hello and sorry for the late response, life business and all.

I didn't try compressed air but I don't believe this will fix the issue. the room environment is pretty much always clean and the mouse is only couple months old or so.

I did more research and I found others are experiencing the exact same issue.

anyone from Corsair reading this can you please comment?

regards,

I am not sure this is a common issue, but it appears you have a mechanical problem. If you are overseas and the RMA shipping cost makes the exchange unfeasible, you either need to find a replacement or try and take it apart and see what's wrong. However, there is no reason not to submit the RMA request to Tech Support. There may be another solution or compromise.

• Corsair Employees
hello and sorry for the late response, life business and all.

I didn't try compressed air but I don't believe this will fix the issue. the room environment is pretty much always clean and the mouse is only couple months old or so.

I did more research and I found others are experiencing the exact same issue.

anyone from Corsair reading this can you please comment?

regards,

I would try the compressed can of air as it can correct the issue. If this doesn't work, the next step is to setup an RMA through our support staff so our Technical Support staff can assist you with getting the unit replaced.

• 1 month later...
hello. I opened ticket# 603992 (attached) on the 3rd of august but the support communication is almost non existent. yes they approved the RMA but without answering my question regarding my case. I feel hopeless.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.08c2f72273dbab3c21a9130d3404e679.jpg

Edited by MWH

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm having the exact same problem. It feels as if the scroll wheel is constantly fighting against me, looks like this is happening to a few other people as well, any idea whats causing it?

This is a fairly new mouse, kept in a fairly clean office so I'd be surprised if this is caused by dust but i'll give cleaning it out a try as soon as I can grab some compressed air, in the mean time, anything else it could be?

• 2 months later...

I am university physics Senior in Indiana. I LOVE this mouse. I am having the same issue. I saw online to try spinning the mouse wheel rapidly. This seems to help temporarily. When I get time after I crush some of these classes (currently 31 credit hours), I might venture opening up my mouse and cleaning it out.

I sincerely believe that eating Cheetos while playing Skyrim has brought this curse upon my beloved handheld input device.

After 3 years, my cat has chewed through 8 pairs of headphones, but this mouse still, mmm, love this wire armor. That's the initial reason I bought it. Thank you, Corsiar!