Corsair Community

No more A 64 retention brackets?

vtwin

The website let me place an order for the bracket, but i received this email today: Thank you again for shopping at ComputerHQ.com!

We had to CANCEL your order because the product ordered has been discontinued. Please let us know what your requirements are so we may help you find a suitable replacement. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and hope this have reached you in a timely manner to minimize your trouble.

• Corsair Employee

vtwin-

I have asked sales to double check with Zipzoomfly.com about the availability to the Athlon64 bracket. It should still be available for purchase. Let me know if they have any problem getting that for you.

• 3 weeks later...

Lucky I live in Japan. I got damn tired waiting for my A64 bracket to be forwarded from my Mom's house in the States (since ZipZoomFly unpatriotically refuses to ship to FPO AP). I found a neat adapter bracket here in Japan. It mounts a standard P4 bracket to an A64 board. It is ingeniously designed to use less mounting force than a P4 sink, since we all know the A64 sinks use less pressure. Since I had a spare P4 HC200 bracket, Viola! Same quick and easy CPU changes as with a P4! I was gonna post a pic but the thing is already installed.

It should also work fine with a S754 DTR, simply by sticking four round pads around the PCB of the CPU to balance the cooling block.

vtwin-

I have asked sales to double check with Zipzoomfly.com about the availability to the Athlon64 bracket. It should still be available for purchase. Let me know if they have any problem getting that for you.

As of now they are still out of stock. Is Corsair still making them or have they been discontinued? I found a place in Canada that claims to have them in stock, but a quick check on Reselerratings.com shows that site to be somewhere between dismal and awful. Among the many complaints was that they apparently like to list items as in stock when they are not. If the part has been discontinued then I might take a chance with a credit card (finger hovering over DISPUTE button) and order one from them.

As of now they are still out of stock. Is Corsair still making them or have they been discontinued? I found a place in Canada that claims to have them in stock, but a quick check on Reselerratings.com shows that site to be somewhere between dismal and awful. Among the many complaints was that they apparently like to list items as in stock when they are not. If the part has been discontinued then I might take a chance with a credit card (finger hovering over DISPUTE button) and order one from them.

Disregard. They are back in stock.

Lucky I live in Japan. I got damn tired waiting for my A64 bracket to be forwarded from my Mom's house in the States (since ZipZoomFly unpatriotically refuses to ship to FPO AP). I found a neat adapter bracket here in Japan. It mounts a standard P4 bracket to an A64 board. It is ingeniously designed to use less mounting force than a P4 sink, since we all know the A64 sinks use less pressure. Since I had a spare P4 HC200 bracket, Viola! Same quick and easy CPU changes as with a P4! I was gonna post a pic but the thing is already installed.

It should also work fine with a S754 DTR, simply by sticking four round pads around the PCB of the CPU to balance the cooling block.

oh please post a pic, still looking for an AMD64 s754/s939 solution for rev2 hydrocool :)

oh please post a pic, still looking for an AMD64 s754/s939 solution for rev2 hydrocool :)

You know I took some pics of the bracket and my HC mod, and I tried to post but it wouldn't upload! I'm not a graphics expert so I gave up. I tried to link to my HD, I don't have an upload site.

Maybe I can send the pics to you and you can post. I took them at 1.3 megapixels so they aren't the best, but they are 1.3 MB JPEG or something.

Now you need a spare P4 bracket, or you can switchover the one you have.

I might take a pic of an A64 board with it installed, but it simply looks like a P4 block setup but on an A64 board.

Eva was nice enough to upload the pics I sent him. Here is how the bracket looks. I have also included a pic of the cooling setup in the five rigs I have - needless to say, my 12-volt rails are always low. Imagine how much better overclocks I'd get with a dual PSU setup ;):.

http://www.fileshosts.com/watercooling/HC200/AMD64/web/

thanks mate for arranging some for me as well :D

Eva was nice enough to upload the pics I sent him. Here is how the bracket looks. I have also included a pic of the cooling setup in the five rigs I have - needless to say, my 12-volt rails are always low. Imagine how much better overclocks I'd get with a dual PSU setup ;):.

http://www.fileshosts.com/watercooling/HC200/AMD64/web/

Clevor,

So, this bracket and backplate can use the HydroCool P4 mounting hardware to mount the AMD64 K8 processor?

Now that would be a nice option to have. Do you know where others can purchase this product? It would make the HydroCool very attractive for K8 cooling.

Nice find for a K8 hold-down solution too! :!: :!: :!:

Way to go! :hihi:

Stev

Did a search and found it ... (at the bottom of the page)

http://www.ainex.jp/list/heat

AINEX BM754W P4/K8 dual solution.

I have not found a distributor to order these from outside of Asia.

Clevor,

So, this bracket and backplate can use the HydroCool P4 mounting hardware to mount the AMD64 K8 processor?

Now that would be a nice option to have. Do you know where others can purchase this product? It would make the HydroCool very attractive for K8 cooling.

Nice find for a K8 hold-down solution too! :!: :!: :!:

Way to go! :hihi:

Stev

Did a search and found it ... (at the bottom of the page)

http://www.ainex.jp/list/heat

AINEX BM754W P4/K8 dual solution.

I have not found a distributor to order these from outside of Asia.

Good find Stev. I see all kinds of neat doodads here in Japan for overclocking, but I've yet to find a U.S. vendor importing this stuff.

They also sell this relay in Japan where it's easy to run dual PSUs; it senses power to any 12-volt plug and instantly turns on the other PSU, but nothing like it in the States, where guys have to do soldering on adapter harnesses.

We all hate our day jobs and I was dreaming of opening up my own business over the web bringing in all this stuff, as well as selling CPUs, boards, etc. Who knows, maybe the next Newegg, but seriously . . . maybe when I retire.

Wow those are some really crisp photos! What camera took those?

Actually, the pics look blurry to me as they were taken at 1.3 megapixel. You should see the pics at 3 or 5 megapixel! Superb. The camera is a Sony DSC-V1. It is near top-of-the-line, where it cost $675, but the price has dropped quite a bit and is now around $450. It's the lightest, most compact 5 megapixel camera around, which is why I got it. I use it for travel. The Canon G5s are a tad sharper, but much heavier.

I have a Gigabyte 3D Cooler that has a nifty Ath64 mounting bracket that fits between its heatpipes to the standard Ath64 mounting points. It looks like it would work with the Hydrocool. Same height blocks, should fit between the water tubes.

I've been meaning to try it ever since I installed the Corsair Ath64 mounting kit. That was by far the most difficult thing I've ever installed on a computer - with those loose springs, spacers, and replacement screws. A contortionist with an extra pair of hands and custom tools would have a hard time.

When I upgrade the cpu, I'll try the Gigabyte clamps first.

That's the beauty of the P4 mounting setup: takes 3 seconds to undo the clamps, maybe 5-7 to put them on. The thing that takes the longest is getting the block off a CPU with AS5 on it (on the IC7 the entire CPU pulls out due to the loose socket). Than it takes 2-3 minutes to remove all the AS5 off the block and CPU (I use lacquer thinner and Kleenex).

Archived