Corsair Community

About Corsair SP120 RGB

Csneo

Hi everyone i am new.

First i am learning in english language. Sorry if my conversation make you confuse.

I want to know how many color sp120 can do ? , only 7 color ? or that can mix to 16.7 million color like MasterFan Pro 120 RGB on Coolermaster

I have only one question.

Thank YOU everyone.

The default controller for it can do seven colors.

The Fan itself has a full spectrum digitally-controlled RGB LED (Four on one controller, but all the same color result, so one color per fan)

With any better controller (Lighting Node Pro or Arduino) it can do full 24-bit RGB (16.7 million technically, but meh).

Thank You Charixfox.

If i buy some mainboard that have LED color mode(asus aura sync,msi mystic light sync etc.) and direct connect the fan to mainboard, finally it can do full 24-bit RGB without using a controller ? I correctly understand ?

How can i check fan case SP120 RGB it support Asus aura sync , Msi mystic light sync ?

Thank You Charixfox.

If i buy some mainboard that have LED color mode(asus aura sync,msi mystic light sync etc.) and direct connect the fan to mainboard, finally it can do full 24-bit RGB without using a controller ? I correctly understand ?

NO. DO NOT connect the LED header from any Digitally Individually Addressable LED device to a Motherboard RGB header.

Motherboard RGB headers are "12v 3-channel" systems. They use a 12 volt power system across three "analog" pins (RGB pins)

The SP120 RGB uses 5V single-wire serial communications to control with little computers.

The Motherboard header will fry it thoroughly.

Archived