Corsair Community

Question about Carbide Spec Alpha

Dignity

Hi all. I'm currently thinking about buying a Carbide Spec Alpha (the black one).

Now I have some questions about the fans of this case and hope that someone here can help me.

First of all, the user manual (which is available online on the corsair website) states that there can be two fans mounted in the front panel. On other websites I often read that there can be three fans attached to the front. Can anyone please clarify this for me. So how many fans can be attached to the front?

And another question that I have is directly about the fans: Which fans are inside the case by default? So what I want to do is to attach two more fans into the top panel. But I would like to have exactly the same fans that are already in the front panel, so that the led light will have exactly the same color (blue/white) and match up with the front panel's led color. I could not find any information about the fans online.

I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out here.

Yes, it has room for three fans for the front. About the second question, i would just find the same colors and use those instead of trying to figure out which fans they are. Just match the colors and purchase. You can only attach three fans to the fan controller that is set low, medium, high. I got the white/red case, so it has red led fans so i would just purchase fans that have red led instead of trying to match the same exact fan. Also what i would do is try to find out how high the rpm go and match that as well. Good luck.

Thanks for the answer.

You mentioned, that only three fans can be connected to the fan controller. Is that right? I've always read that four fans can be connected.

Furthermore it's pretty hard to actually find a fan with a matching led color. I find a lot of fans with blue leds or white leds but I can barely find this blue/white color combination.

Are you sure the fans are a white/blue combination? Most white LED fans are on the blue side of white. I suspect any white LED Corsair will match close enough, however the funny difference is the front fans have clear frames, which does change how the light is portrayed. There are far few choices when looking for a clear frame, LED fan.

The white from the HD series will be substantially brighter and cleaner than what you see. Also, those front fans are DC so the light will dim as you slow the speed. Depending on the purpose of the fans, the SP120 LED or AF120 LED might fit your needs. The ML and RGB series will have a different lighting effect. You will need to go outside the brand to find a clear body frame LED fan.

Archived