Corsair Community

twinx xlpt timings at 250 fsb

Paybacl

Hello, what would be the timings and best voltage at which xlpt would work at 249 fsb in dual channel mode?

Here is system spec:

Asus a8x Deluxe rev 1.xx bios v 1009.xx

newcastle 3500+

1024 twinx xlpt

Gaiward 6800 gs

Antec 550 truecontrol

I mean i`ve tried to play around with them, but normally when i use either cas 2.5 or 3 settings even a stock speeds the system just locks up.

Thnx in advance.

What RAM voltage are you running? Try about 2.7v - 2.8v if you have not already done so. I'm guessing that you can run about 2.5,3,3,7 on the RAM at 250mhz. I've run mine at those timings at 240mhz but I can't find where I went to 250mhz. You may want to back off to about 235mhz, then try testing as you climb upwards again and see how fast you can get.

Mike.

What RAM voltage are you running? Try about 2.7v - 2.8v if you have not already done so. I'm guessing that you can run about 2.5,3,3,7 on the RAM at 250mhz. I've run mine at those timings at 240mhz but I can't find where I went to 250mhz. You may want to back off to about 235mhz, then try testing as you climb upwards again and see how fast you can get.

Mike.

well i am running it at 2.8

and thnx for the hint, i`ll go try it out :D

Also should i leave all other timings at auto? or should they be adjusted as well?

Hmm, tried them, its weird mem i`ve got i mean the system refuses to post at timings other then cas 2 at ddr 400 but works at other mem lock settings. Its the same thing using the windows a64 tweaker (respect to xtreme). It just locks up when i try to set it to 200 mhz. My guess is that it has something to do with the plug and frag in memory and the mobo`s bios, since i have to reset the bios every time i try to run it at relaxed settings, othervise it just wont post. I mean i can get into windows using fsb 240 at cas 2 but its unstable. Comments?

What is your HTT setting? I'm new to tuning this AMD stuff but, what you are seeing could be more than just the RAM. Your HTT setting should probably be at 400 or mebbe 600. Also, Is your multiplier adjustable and what it is set to? To get 250mhz with that CPU at a 1:1 OC, you will prolly need about a 7,8, or possibly as high as a 9 for the multi.

Mike.

What is your HTT setting? I'm new to tuning this AMD stuff but, what you are seeing could be more than just the RAM. Your HTT setting should probably be at 400 or mebbe 600. Also, Is your multiplier adjustable and what it is set to? To get 250mhz with that CPU at a 1:1 OC, you will prolly need about a 7,8, or possibly as high as a 9 for the multi.

Mike.

well i dont have any porblems keeping the htt at 1000, 16 up, 16 down. The multi is at 11 which roughly equates to 2750 mhz. As for other problems thats the thing, the only one that i have is running ram at stock speed, non overclocked at different timings other then 2-2-2-5 or 2-3-2-5. Basically whenever i try to run it at 1:1 overclocked or no, at relaxed timigns it either locks up, tells me that cmos is corrupted and resets mobos bios to 1.2, or (this is my fav one) shows no signal on the monitor so i have to reset the bios manually.

I have 4 512 sticks of the Corsair PC3200XL. I also can't get it to run at 250. Runs fine at 5/4 (200) at 2-2-2-5. I was hoping I'd finally be able to run 1/1 at 250. I have tried it at 2.8 volts, 2.5-3-3-7 but it's a no go. I haven't tried it at 3-4-4-8. All the reviews I have read got it to 250 with no problems but for some reason I haven't been able to.

I have 4 512 sticks of the Corsair PC3200XL. I also can't get it to run at 250. Runs fine at 5/4 (200) at 2-2-2-5. I was hoping I'd finally be able to run 1/1 at 250. I have tried it at 2.8 volts, 2.5-3-3-7 but it's a no go. I haven't tried it at 3-4-4-8. All the reviews I have read got it to 250 with no problems but for some reason I haven't been able to.

yep same here :confused:

Huh? Why would I want to try it with just two sticks? I want 2 gigs of ram, not 1. I know it's not guarenteed to run at 250, I was just hoping I would have the additional capability after reading all the reviews. I had been running 1 gig before and wanted more memory. My main focus was to keep the 2-2-2-5 timings at 5/4 (200) which I had been running with the 1 gig before. I got that so I met my objectives. I was just hoping for the bonus of also being able to run 1/1 if I chose to do so. I didn't get that one. BTW, I also just tried to get it at 250 at 3-4-4-8 and also a no go. I just have to settle with it the way it is which is also OK. At least I got my 2 gigs at nice timings at the PC3200 rated speed of 200.

What is this HTT that was mentioned about? I see no such settings in my BIOS?

Huh? Why would I want to try it with just two sticks? I want 2 gigs of ram, not 1. I know it's not guarenteed to run at 250, I was just hoping I would have the additional capability after reading all the reviews. I had been running 1 gig before and wanted more memory. My main focus was to keep the 2-2-2-5 timings at 5/4 (200) which I had been running with the 1 gig before. I got that so I met my objectives. I was just hoping for the bonus of also being able to run 1/1 if I chose to do so. I didn't get that one. BTW, I also just tried to get it at 250 at 3-4-4-8 and also a no go. I just have to settle with it the way it is which is also OK. At least I got my 2 gigs at nice timings at the PC3200 rated speed of 200.

What is this HTT that was mentioned about? I see no such settings in my BIOS?

The HTT is not applicable to the Intel CPUs. You have tacked your question onto a thread dealing with AMD based MOBOs.

There are several things that may stop you from being able to run 4 sticks at the speed you want. Wired suggested that you first try with 2 sticks as a troubleshooting method. You need to verify that each individual pair of modules will run at the speed you want. If you can't do it with 2 sticks, then there is no way you can do it with 4.

Also, the Intel 875P chipset in your MOBO normally will not run a RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD) setting of 2 regardless of how many sticks you use. So, at a minimum you will need to run 2,3,2,5 timings even with 2 sticks with tRCD at 3. With 4 sticks, you will most definitely have to run the timings slower than that. Most likely 2.5,3,3,7 or even slower.

Then, there is the fact that the ABIT IC-7 MAX3 has a defect in the voltage regulation for the RAM. My guess is that your major problem is your MOBO. That MOBO has been discontinued, partially due to the RAM voltage problem. Make sure that you don't go over 2.8v RAM voltage in the bios. There is a voltage mod for it that might solve your problem if you are willing to try some MICRO soldering.

Good luck, Mike.

Naw, I'm not that brave (the micro solder deal). I'm aware of this mb's issues with ram voltage. Otherwise this mb works flawless for me, not planning on changing setups for a good while. Got to see a very substanial speed increase to do so and I don't even see it yet with the AMD64. While it's definitely faster, it's not enough faster than what I have for me to spend the money to change.

I consider running at 3.5 gig with a 250 fsb and 200 speed on my ram with the nice 2-2-2-5 timings with 4 sticks a pretty good acomplishment in itself (with very nice case temps). Paired with my video card, I'm still good to go for the foreseeable future.

I thought I was good at 1 gig of ram until noticed that Farcry, Vampire and HL2 (I'm heavy into games) use over a gig of memory (I've actually seen Vampire go over 1.5 gigs). Well now I got 2 gigs so 'bring on the games'.

Archived