Corsair Community

Corsair H75 issues

Pananoz

Hello!

I've got a problem that I can't figure out, hoping to get some tips from you guys. Bought a brand new computer and built it yesterday. Everything seemed fine yesterday and this morning with CPU temperatures hoovering around 30 degrees (Celsius) when idle.

Now it's starting at hotter temperatures and rising pretty fast until I shut the computer down (I've shut it down around 90 degrees). What I noticed yesterday was that the pump RPM yesterday was around 2k but today it's approaching 6k. I have the pump power cable connected to the CPU_Fan and I've tried to use 100% on voltage (saw a sticky in this thread that's how you should do it) and also default setting but same result.

Another thing I've noticed is that yesterday the cooler made a lot more sound. Is there any way I can check if it's pumping the water as it should?

The motherboard is asus Z270f and processor is i7 7700k.

Appreciate all help and tips, thanks!

I also get a CPU fan speed detected error at startup now.

The temperature rise is linear. Started at 30 degrees and 3 minutes later it was 60 and I decided to shut it down. Pump RPM higher then 6k.

Your Z270F has it's own header for the water pump "AIO pump"-header. The pump should be connected to that header.

It makes the water pump run full time 100% speed on DC like it should.

Thanks for your reply! I've tried that header aswell with the exact same issue - CPU temperature steadily increasing.

Something has happened. It appears to be a mechanical failure of some type where the pump is no longer able to move the water, yet pieces of it are still moving creating the speed reading. The linear temp rise is a classic sign. You header arrangement was correct and this isn't something you did. Most likely this unit was already doomed. If it is new, take it back to the retailer and get a new one. If older, set up the RMA through Corsair or seek an alternative cooling solution.

Something has happened. It appears to be a mechanical failure of some type where the pump is no longer able to move the water, yet pieces of it are still moving creating the speed reading. The linear temp rise is a classic sign. You header arrangement were correct and this isn't something you did. Most likely this unit was already doomed. If it is new, take it back to the retailer and get a new one. If older, set up the RMA through Corsair or seek an alternative cooling solution.

This is what I thought and I will contact my retailer today since it's brand new. Hopefully it won't be any issues. Thanks for your reply!

Archived