Corsair Community

Asus A8N Sli-Deluxe with 2XCMX512-3200C2

Kramer

Ok, at first I'm sorry for my bad english because I'm german.

I bought the Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe (like Title says =) ) and with it a new CMX512-3200C2.

I already had got one I bought about a year before. Now the problem is that they don't work in dual channel. In Single Channel both work fine!

But I've spotted something that might have to do with these problems. The old ram is version 1.1 and the new one 4.1.

Thanks a lot for help!

Kramer

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry, but with this MB and or platform the modules would need to be exactly matched in order to run them in dual channel.

Ich bin traurig, aber mit diesem MB und oder Plattform würden die Module genau zusammengebracht werden müssen, um sie im Doppelkanal laufen zu lassen.

Ok, I already thought of something like this.

So I'm gonna have to buy new? :eeeeek:

Is there any suggestion for this mainboard, I don't want to buy the wrong ones again ;): I think 1gb is enough (I mean 2 512 dual channel) and I don't want to o.c.

Edit: Ok, now I'm sure I'll have to buy new because there's already v1.5 available. I read in another thread that TwinX1024-3200XL are recommend. Now I looked at my Retailer which sells version 1.2 of this ram. Is this the newest one because I don't want to buy an old one again???

Thanks a lot!

Kramer

• Corsair Employees

Yes XMS3200XL is Rev 1.2 and Rev 1.1 but there is no difference but the PCB other than that they are the same module!

And I can't really suggest one MB over another, but the ASUS SLI MB has been verry popular!

Ok then thanks a lot. there's just one more question. I bought the CMX512-3200C2 on 4th January an got Rev 1.4. No I've seen that there is already Rev. 1.5. Could you tell me since when 1.5 is sold because if it was before 4th January I can give the ram back because it's their mistake.

Thanks!!

Kramer

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but it's not that cut a dry, we still make from revision 1.2 to Rev 5.1 with XMS3200C2 depending on the availability of IC's. However I believe the majority of production is with Rev 4.1 or Rev 5.1.

Archived