Corsair Community

H100i V2 - One fan working

SeeGooch

Hey everyone, I recently installed an H100i V2 in my rig. Only one of my fans is working, I've swapped plugs on the Y connector and still no luck. Is my fan toast?

Also, on CL my H100i fan is reading at 0 RPM. I have changed CPU fan settings in BIOS as advised and still no luck.

Thank you in advance

attachment.php?attachmentid=30054&d=1498692438

1. I can't see why the H100iV2 fan is zero RPM and suspect there may be a hardware issue, request an RMA and see what Corsair say.
  2. The cores being #2 to #5 is inappropriate, ask Corsair to fix this. I am at a loss as to how the Corsair regression testing failed to notice this.
  3. All the case fans are double reported, ask Corsair to fix this. This was reported in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=805421 a couple of years ago and should have been fixed by now.

I don't have your particular cooler, but one thing to check is the number of wires running to the fan. Hubs always only monitor ONE of the two fans for an RPM ( Tach ) reading. So one cable has four wires the other has three. If you happen to have your working fan plugged in to the header that only has three wires then your Tach or RPM is not connected and will read zero. Move the working fan to the other header.

Archived