Corsair Community

Shuttle AN35N Ultra & VLS DDR400 512MB Corsair RAM

carpiverson

Well, I had my 512 MB DDR400 Corsair Value Select RAM module working earlier today. I received 3 new case fans and a new round floppy cable today from Newegg. So I take out everything, and install the case fans and floppy cable, plug everything back in, and lo and behold, I get the dreaded "beep.....beeep....beep...." The bad memory beep code.

BUT, I was determined this wasn't bad, because it was working just an hour ago. So I go put it in my mom's computer, and amazingly, it boots up just fine and detects it and everything. So, I'm using a PC2100 128 MB piece of RAM until I can get this little problem figured out.

Any solutions?

I'M DESPERATE!

• Corsair Employees
I would try and remove the modules and re-install them to make sure they are seated properly. But if it still will not post. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

It is seated properly.

I'm pretty sure it's not bad because it works flawlessly in a different computer.

Does my model have any known compatibility issues with my motherboard or NForce2 Chipsets or something?

Oh yeah, and someone mentioned clearing the CMOS. I don't know what that is. How would I do that?

Archived