Corsair Community

Which memory to choose for Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-9 motherboard?

OrangeVee

I'm thinking of getting a high-end PC and was thinking of getting the Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-9 motherboard with NForce 4 chipset (http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-K8NXP-9.htm) with an AMD Athlon64 3500+ CPU.

I'm looking for the best possible memory (and most compatible) for this system, so what do you boys recommend??? I'm looking for the best from Corsair, TwinX for dual channel, DDR 400MHz, but I'm lost in all the XL, Pro, C2, LL, and what not...

Corsair TWINX1024-3200XL 2-2-2-5? What about the Pro versions?

Any known compatibility issues with Corsair memory and that motherboard?

What about Kingston KVR memory? Any good?

Welcome to the forums, OrangeVee!

What does C2, LL, PT, R or RE stand for in the part number?

What Corsair Module or Modules will work with my MB?

Corsair TWINX1024-3200XL 2-2-2-5? What about the Pro versions?

The XL modules have the lowest latencies available for DDR400 modules, thus, the highest bandwidth compared to the C2 or LL XMS modules.

PRO memory modules have a thermally bonded heat spreader with about 200% of the area of the normal XMS heat spreader, but it also has LED's which light up with activity (I have a windowed case and they look damned neat in there!).

Any known compatibility issues with Corsair memory and that motherboard?

None that I can think of.

What about Kingston KVR memory? Any good?

Why is Corsair the Best Memory in the World?

I used to use Kingston, but after some very bad PR work on their part, I've moved on. Also, they don't track their modules like Corsair does (sans VS modules), nor does there customer support hold a candle in the dark. IMHO, Corsair is a better brand.

If you wanted value memory, go with the VS1GBKIT400, but you have to admit, why slap all that cash into an nForce4 mainboard and not get some really great memory?

PLUR

CK

Archived