Corsair Community

How did you connect your H100 GTX etc to your Asus Z270G?

scgt1

I currently have the pump connected to the CPU_FAN and the fans connected to the CPU_OPT right below via a splitter. Is everyone else using this config or are you mucking up your wiring with the Water cooling header above the PCI-E slot?

Is there any performance difference? I'm seeing higher cpu temps today so I removed the voltage reducers on my fans and the fan throttling is driving me nuts just to keep the cpu in the 30C range. I'm wondering if using a different fan header will make a difference or if my cooler is going out.

On Asus boards, the OPT header will mirror the CPU Fan settings. So, if the CPU Fan header is set to 100%/PWM/Full Speed (or disabled in advanced BIOS) as it should be, then that will force the OPT fans to run at 100% as well. If you have an AIO or PUMP header on that board, it is already configured for the pump to run at 100%. Location can be strange sometimes, but that would then allow you to put the two AF120s (or whatever) on CPU and OPT individually and they will respond to CPU temperature. Make sure you use some longer fan delays to limit the fan racing.

Some Asus boards ignore their fan delays or if the wiring arrangement is undesirable, you can leave the pump on CPU Fan set to Full Speed, then hook the AF120s into any other CHA fan header. On some boards, the AIO Pump header can be reconfigured in the BIOS to act like a normal fan header, however this seems to be board specific and I don't know what options you have there.

Archived