Corsair Community

6 rgb 120 fans but they will not all light up in 1-6 order.

male-1950

Hi, totally lost here. I have a 570 case and 6-120 RGB pmw fans & a CLCP. I can only get the 1st 3 fans to work in the front (all six fans work in the front tested them to see if they work.) When I get to #4 fan on top of my case, none of the last 3 fans will light but if I plug in the fan that I've installed on the back spot on my case it WILL light up. in the #4 slot on my CLCP then the next slot on the top back end of my case will now light up but the next fan slot toward the front of my case will not light up. so they work in this sequence: top rear fan is 1st, rear fan slot on top is 2nd, top front fan slot will not light at all, front of case is #3, middle front slot is #4, and #5 is the bottom fan slot. I do have Aura installed for my strip lighting that I use/plug on my hero MoBo.

Hello there.

Can you please show us a screenshot of your CORSAIR LINK interface showing the lighting effects? Which RGB fans do you have? SP120 or HD120?

This will happen if you set one of the channels to "Lighting Strips" instead of "Fans" and if your fans are connected to this channel, it will miss the last 3 LEDs.

Once we see your interface and then confirm which channel the HD120 Lighting hub is, we'll be able to assist you.

1st Q answer: HD120

As for the screenshot issue, I'm only using the 3 button controller for the lighting effects. This is I believe is my problem. If I'm to use the link software to control my lighting then how do I connect a 4 pin connector into a 3 pin LED channel......Did I say I'm totally lost? & Thanks for all your help in advance.

You need either a Corsair Link Commander Pro (CLCP) or Corsair Lighting Node Pro (CLNP).

I suspect a CLCP would be the better choice as this would also be able to control the fan speeds.

1st Q answer: HD120

AFAIK the Corsair 570X case comes with 3 x SP120 RGB LED so I assume you have replaced these and now have 6 x HD120 RGB LED, have you?

If not you will need to connect the 3 x SP120 RGB LED to LED port 1 and the 3 x HD120 RGB LED to LED port 2.

Post the CL4 [home] tab screen shot so we can see what CL hardware you have connected. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=853900 for how to attach a file/screen image to a post.

I have 6 x HD120 RGB LED pmw. How do I connect the 3 x SP120 RGB LED to LED port 1 and the 3 x HD120 RGB LED to LED port 2 when the two wires on each fan has a led 4 pin connection & the other wire has a 4 pin power connection? My confusion is the LED ports 1-2 use two pin connectors. how do I connect to LED ports 1&2?

2017-06-20.thumb.png.124b1bfd373a262edbf00089330fc979.png

attachment.php?attachmentid=29972&d=1497990727

1. I have 6 x HD120 RGB LED 4-pin PWM Fans.
  2. How do I connect the 3 x SP120 RGB LED to LED port 1 and the 3 x HD120 RGB LED to LED port 2 when the two wires on each fan has a led 4 pin connection & the other wire has a 4 pin power connection?
  3. My confusion is the LED ports 1-2 use two pin connectors.
  4. How do I connect to port 1&2?

1. OK, so you do have 6 x HD fans.
  2. I assume you are not using the 3 x SP120 RGB LED fans that came with the case.
  3. You only need to use 1 of the CLCP LED ports
  4. The case came with a 6 port LED hub, if connected unplug the SP Lighting Controller from it and use one of the two cables with a 3-pin connectors at each end that came with the CLCP to connect it to the CLCP LED port 1.
  5. Connect all 6 x HD120 LED cables to the LED hub.
  6. Press the Commander PRO [ Configure ] button and add 6 x HD fans to LED port/channel 1.
  7. All the LEDs should now be working

Red-Ray

1st, Thank you ever so much. Here's what we have,

I can only get 3 to work in slot 1,2,3 (in sync) #4 will not light up using any of the other 3 hd120 RGB LED Fan connections.

However, I had a 2nd 6 port LED hub that I bought to replace the one that came with the case thinking it was defective & I have connected the other three fan LEDs on channel 2 using port 1-2-3 & they work almost perfectly in sync with only a few exceptions that I can live with unless of course, you have another way to get these other 3 to work on the #4th,5th & 6th slot on my 1st hub.

What do u think?

What do u think?

I assume/feel I should confirm you have 6 x HD fan LEDs enabled in CL4, post the [Configure] screen shot.

Basically I would check connectivity and deduce where is issue was.

If you have a DVM/DMM check the LED hub connectivity. Looking at the 4-pin connections from left to right they are:

1. 1 - Ground
  2. 2 - Control out
  3. 3 - Control return
  4. 4 - +5 volts

the 3-pin input from the CLCP is:

1. 1 - Ground
  2. 2 - control from CLNP
  3. 3 - +5 volts - the wire from the CLCP has two strands and this is not connected/used.

With the LED hub totally disconnected check:

1. all the pin 1s are connected together and connected to pin 1 of the 3-pin input
  2. all the pin 4s are connected together and connected to pin 3 of the 3-pin input
  3. the middle pin 2 of the 3-pin input is connected to port 1 pin 2
  4. port n pin 3 is connected to port n + 1 pin 2

Archived