Corsair Community

SpeedyV

Fan detection seems to be better, but hotplug does not work :(:.

The number of LEDs is also still limited to 72 and 6 strips.

I'm finding the same thing. Hotplug is not working. Also, my EK Vardar F2-140s are still not being detected correctly. They are still being detected as 3-pin voltage.

So no real change for me.

Corsair. Just let us set the fan port mode manually. seriously.

Update - What they have is a Vector Scope :[pouts: so I may have to do a little digging. I am sure there is an O-Scope around here somewhere...

Any luck with finding one?

I have just measured the PWM clock and it seems to be about 0.36 KHz rather than the target of 25 KHz as specified in the specification. Has anyone seen the same please?

I just checked a CLCC and that's about 18.2 KHz, still out of spec, but far closer. To me it's starting to look like Corsair have messed up and I wonder if this is the root cause the fan detection issues.

I have just checked and the CLCP 0.2.136 firmware has a 17.9 KHz PWM clock, so I suspect the 0.36 KHz clock was at least part of the issue.

Corsair, why does the CLCP use 17.9 KHz when the specification specifies 25.0 KHz?

Corsair, please will you publically comment on why hotplug is still not supported?

attachment.php?attachmentid=30183&stc=1&d=1499928596attachment.php?attachmentid=30145&d=1499606339

1867969579_CLCP0.2_136.PWMClockis17_9KHz.png.cbc8dc51fa3635691d88020a1c5d6d0a.png

Any luck with finding one?

Sadly, no. I can't believe we don't have a scope laying around my company, which prides itself on designing and building extremely complex AV and control systems. A Vector Scope - REALLY?!?

I have just checked and the CLCP 0.2.136 firmware has a 17.9 KHz PWM clock, so I suspect the 0.36 KHz clock was at least part of the issue.

Corsair, why does the CLCP use 17.9 KHz when the specification specifies 25.0 KHz?

Well that's better. Now that I have updated by CLCP firmware, even if I get my hands on an O-Scope, I will not be able to verify your original readings. I am still trying to borrow one. If I am successful, I will certainly check the PWM clock with the new firmware running.

Corsair. Just let us set the fan port mode manually. seriously.

Obviously they should! I just don't get why they don't :confused:.

Are all your devices 4-pin PWM? If so and you post the SIV [Link Fans] panel I will PM you on how to get SIV 5.21 Beta-21 or latest to set them all to 4-pin PWN. It's quite easy.

attachment.php?attachmentid=30139&d=1499582677

Are all your devices 4-pin PWM? If so and you post the SIV [Link Fans] panel I will PM you on how to get SIV 5.21 Beta-21 or latest to set them all to 4-pin PWN. It's quite easy.

Hi Ray,

Don't mean to butt in but I am interested in this new feature as well.

I installed SIV 5.21 Beta 21 and I get part of that new pop up you show but not all of it and it is grayed out. All my fans are PWM and I would like to force the mode just to be sure. Am I missing something?

attachment.php?attachmentid=30209&stc=1&d=1499980280

754715609_071317FanModeForcePopUp.thumb.png.b7f1ded387ed32bb4485e4cd780462b7.png

I installed SIV 5.21 Beta 21 and I get part of that new pop up you show but not all of it and it is grayed out. All my fans are PWM and I would like to force the mode just to be sure. Am I missing something?

AFAIK what the CLCP reports is how the CLCP controls the fans and you don't need to "force" this as all your fans are detected as 4-pin PWM which is what they are.

There is a SIV command line qualifier you that would un-grey things. AFAIK CL 4.8.0.82 is not able to do this and I have no idea as to if Corsair will change the firmware such this will no longer work. I have e-mailed you the incantation.

At times I am temped to implement siv64x -shoot-in-foot :laughing:.

I have e-mailed you the incantation.

At times I am temped to implement siv64x -shoot-in-foot :laughing:.

Thank you Ray. I am going to pick up my new 144-LED strip. Wish me luck. If you see a glow to the west, that means good. If you see a sudden bright flash followed by darknss, that means bad.

Hi Red-Ray!

Yes they are all 4-pin PWM. Your program has already helped me diagnose this problem which is great! Any help you could give on how to force PWM mode to all fans with SIV is much appreciated.

Here's a picture of my [AIO Link Fans] from SIV64x 5.21 Beta 21

attachment.php?attachmentid=30212&stc=1&d=14999856173

Thanks!

381443972_Vihsadas-AIOLinkFans-SIVBeta21-July13.thumb.png.ab00dbfe6e691455d0c333a5ac75fc1d.png

SIV saves the day again!

Thank you. You have made my computer USEABLE again!

Now I can close the side panel, and not have to switch fans to trick my CLCP to correctly controlling the rad fans!

amazing

There seems to be damage in the drivers that I can't find. Having moved to SIV I can see that my whole AIO in down. So SIV can't see the H100i either, But I think I can see what is wrong.

Corsair Integrated USB Bridge V2.0.0 is reporting a I/O Error 31 A device attached to the system is not functioning.. Now of course this could mean that something bad has happened. However, it did start after the last update.

Very difficult to see a way out of this mess.

Archived