Corsair Community

H115i No Quiet Mode?

Pocah

OK so I installed what is my fist H115i today, but there seems to be a problem.

The cooling seems reasonable in Balanced mode, and suitably aggressive in Performance mode, but it's not working at all in Quiet mode. The fans cycle hi then low, randomly, but no more than ten seconds in hi before it will go lo. Overall the fans are running about as fast in quiet mode as they are in performance mode ~ in other words it's making far more noise in quiet mode than it is in balanced mode. BUT, and this is a big but, only when I am playing a game. If I am not playing a game then it works are expected.

OK bit more information here, it seems to be responding way to quickly and severely to an increase in processing. If I run some software, the fan rpm will go from 900RPM to over 2300 instantly while the software loads then fall back to 900RPM a second later. To say it's an overreaction is the understatement of the week. This is hardly what I would call quiet mode.

OK I sorted it. I have no idea why, but the default profiles leave my system way too sensitive. Everything seems to be working but I need to sort out a custom profiles. I thought I would leave the post here in case someone else gets this issue or if someone can make a Comment Of Huge Insight that may explain something or other. lol.

Ah thank you for that input! I think you are right. Messing with the software I seem to have accidentally changed it. It's sorted it now, after your advice. Although it was running ok with the profile I did, it's now working correctly with the default profiles and I am much happier!

Ok, good. The coolant temp is slow to change up or down and should the keep the fans from racing about. Also know there is nothing particularly special about the 40C=100% fan speed line. It is based on the amount of heat it takes to raise the coolant by 17-20C, which is a lot. However, if your room temp is near 30C and the starting case temp is already 35C, you'll get to 40C pretty fast. Blasting the fans won't help much and you can either take manual control or up-shift the existing curve by a reasonable amount. This is the downside to coolant temp control. It is room temperature dependent, but then so is CPU temp control.

Archived