Corsair Community

Corsair Commander Pro connections

ThatsJimmii

For the commander pro it has rgb connections but don't come with rgb strips, so do you buy the old rgb strips that come in 2 for $14.99 or do you buy the lighting node pro? And if you buy the lighting node pro do you plug the node into the usb header on the commander and plug rgb into node or just not plug in node and plug rgb straight into commander? I'm confuzled.

do you buy the old rgb strips that come in 2 for $14.99

No, I suspect the $14.99 ones are 12 volt, but as you failed to post a link to them I can't be 100% sure.

You need the 5 volt LED strips that come with the CLNP, but don't need a CLNP as those strips can be directly connected to the CLCP. At the moment you can't buy just the strips which is extremely silly.

I suspect in time Corsair will sell them, but as I do not wish to wait I have just ordered http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232336005477 and plan to post once I have them working.

I suspect that they are these:

http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/corsair-link-rgb-led-lighting-kit

There is now a warning "NOTE: The Corsair Link RGB LED Lighting Kit is ONLY compatible with the Commander Mini and Lighting Node"

I wish that I'd realised that I couldn't daisychain 4 of them to a Commander Mini, I'd have bought the Node Pro instead, I still might.

So to get 4 led strips I should get the node pro?

Right now that is the only way to get the 5 volt RGB LEDs that are compatible with the Lighting Node Pro and the new Commander Pro. Since you don't really need a Lighting Node Pro if you have a Commander Pro, a lot of us are waiting for Corsair to sell the RGB LED strips separately. No word from Corsair on if and when they will do that.

While Corsair is busy not doing that, some people are getting ready to try "generic" 5 volt RGB LEDs that are widely available on EBAY for way way less money than what Corsair will likely charge. You can buy a full Meter long strip for under $10. I would suggest waiting a week or so and keep an eye out for posts about this. If you can't wait or don't want to fool around with generic strips, then right now your only option is to buy the Lighting Node Pro which comes with 4 (rather short) strips.

Note these are NOT compatible with the Commander Mini.

Yea I made the mistake of buying the Commander Pro and 2 sets of their $14.99 led strips only to realize they ARE NOT compatible. So i had to buy the lighting node just to get the compatible led strips. Very frustrating. Also, the "note" under the $14.99 led strips was not there when I bought them.

So if anyone needs just the node (no led strips) of the lighting node, let me know lol

Wow, I was planning on buying those too. That note wasnt there either as i never saw it a week or so ago. But this means that not only is my Commander Pro virtually useless for fans, its also useless for lights! This thing is going back... I dont know what game corsair is playing but this is insane, id expect more from an actual business. Their products seem more like they are sold on a shady street corner rather then in a store.

Yeah their LED strips that are available separately are 12 volt LEDs. The RGB LED strips that come with the Lighting Node Pro and are controllable with the Commander Pro are 5 volt. You can't buy those strips separately (at least not yet). You can buy generic LED strips for way less $ but you need to get the correct types. See

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168504

Archived