Corsair Community

CUE maxing out CPU

I dont know if anyone else has been having this problem, but I use CUE for my Corsair Strafe keyboard and my Corsair Sabre mouse. Lately my keyboard has been freezing up (The lock lights at the top right corner dont change with the button, but the lock effect happens like CAPS.) and CUE has been using an ungodly amount of CPU. Im talking upwards towards 40% of my cpu. I have to end the program in task manager and restart it to fix it. I use LINK also for my H115i but that doesnt run into any problems. If it helps, Im using a Nvidia GTX 970 gpu with a overclocked I5 4690k cpu. This is with the program in the tray.

Intel i5 4690k at 4.2ghz with corsair h115i liquid cooler

MSI GD65 Z97 mobo

16GB of Ram

Evga GTX 970 ACX 2.0

Ultra 550W power supply

Samsung Evo 250gb SSD for windows and programs

1TB HD for the rest

Corsair Strafe keyboard

Corsair Sabre mouse

-------------------------------

I have my polling rate at 1000hz, gonna change it to 500hz and see what happens. When the CPU usage sky rockets I noticed that CUE doesnt detect my keyboard anymore and I have to unplug it and plug it back in to be recognized. Also I have to end CUE in task manager to fix the CPU usage. This only happens after the program runs for long periods of time.

• Corsair Employees
CUE doesn't typically exhibit memory leak issues like Chrome. I wonder why its consuming so much resources. How long are you leaving it open, and are you on the latest updates for all your hardware and on the latest Windows build as well?

I just updated CUE, so yes Im on the latest version. Im running the program (in tray) pretty much constantly (Until randomly in a game I get giant fps lag and see it's hogging my cpu and close it). I don't turn off my PC at night, so it runs all night also. Yes, my Windows is up to date.

I use profiles from here if that helps in any way, specifically the Unreal Tournament Blue https://lewisgerschwitz.com/corsair.html

Archived