Corsair Community

Help with installing H110i tubing bends

Cmoxie

Hi! Building my first gaming PC. I purchased a Corsair Hydro series H110i AIO (V2, formerly the H110 gt) to go in my Phanteks Pro M case. I have the radiater installed on the front of the case, with the tubes coming out of the top, as shown in the instructions and almost every build I have seen. The issue I'm running into is that it takes a lot of force to bend the tubes to align the water block/ pump over the processor. This version of the cooler has the tubes attaching to the water block/pump via 90 deg. fittings that also rotate. I'm worried that screwing it down will place to much force on these tube fittings and eventually turn into a leak. Has anyone else had this issue?

I'm trying to get this built this weekend while I have time, so any help would be much appreciated. I can upload pics when I get home from work, and provide more details if needed.

Thank you.

So it is the length of the hoses (too short) or the the angle coming off the pump block (too sharp a turn) that is concerning? I am not sure you can do much about the length. If it is the bends, the hoses are quite resilient and generally become more pliable to your desire after a little break in time.

Of course a solution to either problem would be to mount the H110i in the top as exhaust in the more traditional manner. Was there a reason to try and front mount it? If it is just that little blurb in the package about "for better performance set to intake", ignore it and move on. The issue is more complex than that and there are some definite negative trade-offs for front mounting in a mid to large standard tower, one of which you are experiencing right now. Moving the H110i to the top would dump waste heat directly out of the case, remove the hose problem, and also free up your front fans for direct cooling of motherboard objects, drives, etc. Even if you are married to the idea of using intake air, I would probably try out top intake before overly stretching to a front mount in large case like yours.

Archived