Corsair Community

rm650x often power off twice then run normal

Jefferstone

Hi, first of all I want to show you a video

[ame]

[/ame]

The psu turn off twice like it having some lack of power then the third time it run. Is this normal? What should I do?

Also it happen few times the psu clicking, sound like "tic tic tic" for few minutes straight.(I haven't been able to record the sound till now) any help would be appreciated.thanks in advance.

• Corsair Employees
Hi, did you recently change any hardware in your system? This can sometimes occur if you swapped out something new and it's trying to recognize the new components. Or does this happen every time you try to power on the system now?

Oh, now I get what this video is about.

This is normal operation. It only happens when the system loses power from the wall. This happens to just about any modern PSU in the market and it's actually the motherboard that's doing this. A typical power cycle of the system to recognize all connected components.

Oh, now I get what this video is about.

This is normal operation. It only happens when the system loses power from the wall. This happens to just about any modern PSU in the market and it's actually the motherboard that's doing this. A typical power cycle of the system to recognize all connected components.

Ah I see, yes that's make sense now..thanks a lot

That video shows exactly what my AX860i does on every start up.

The thing is, when I replace my power supply with a cheap unknown brand it stops doing the little power cycle dance in the video.

I know that sounds stupid in a way but if it was the mobo wouldn't it still do the power cycle?

• 2 weeks later...
I've been unplugging my PC every night for weeks now and it does not behave like this. I have a Corsair RM650x.

Are you over clocking? Check out this thread....

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2643312/starts-stops-starts.html

Someone had the same problem and it turned out to be his OC settings.

Hmm..I don't know yet, haven't doing any OC AFAIR, but what I'm sure is that's only happen when im unplug the power cord from wall

Archived