Corsair Community

Corsair ML Fans

Z.S

I got 3 of the new mag lev a couple of months ago (2xML140 White LED and a ML120 Black) but I am thinking they are too loud for what they are rated for I plan on getting the Commander Pro in the near future but want to know why they are so loud when I initially got them they were loud I used Asus AI suite (I have an Asus MOBO) to tune the fans and after some hard tweaking I think they went a bit quieter (not that quiet though) but now I think they are a lot louder than before I want them to be quiet as Corsair states them to be

No fan is "quiet" at 2000+ rpm. The ML series fans have a very large range and are certainly quiet at the bottom end. Corsair could put a lower speed limit on them, but then that would limit their functionality for others. Fan noise is subjective, but most 120mm fans start getting loud past 1500 rpm and most 140mm fans past 1000-1100. Make sure you are comparing fan noise from past to present at like speeds.

Hello there!

It sounds like these fans are spinning at or near their MAX RPM, which is why they're currently so loud. However, if you reduce their RPM to somewhere around 500-600 RPM, you'll finally get that peace and quiet. :)

I have Asus AI suite which is controlling the fans and even on the silent setting they are quite a bit loud (there are 4 preset settings Silent, Standard, Turbo and Full speed) and If I change the preset to either Standard or Turbo the sound level is the same as the so called Silent preset though, the Full Speed preset does make my fans even louder. I do plan on getting the Corsair Commander Pro for lighting and fan control in the near future as my motherboard does not have enough fan headers and I am using a fan splitter cable

also another question will we see any RGB ML series of fans as I am waiting for those with the HD series style of lighting

Archived