Corsair Community

Corsair ax1200i burnouts

Steevus

G'day guys!

So to begin, I bought a custom built computer that came with a Corsair ax1200i psu but when the computer arrived it was DOA (red flashing light) thought nothing of it and sent it back to have it replaced. Got it replaced and received my computer back, after a few months the psu died! bit annoyed but hey these things happen, sent the computer back to have another psu installed, got the computer back and it lasted a whole 2 hrs and it died again! all new psu's all corsair ax1200i's, weird thing is that there's power to the system, fans spin lights are all working but no post clicks or anything on the monitors, so my question is am I just having the ****test luck in psu's or are they struggling to run my system? seems like theres next to no problems being recorded with this specific psu.

On a side note, I have a top of the line power board with just my two screens and desktop plugged in, and the board into an unshared wall socket. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Corsair Employees

interesting. it seems very unlikely that multiple units could fail in such a short period of time. It may be helpful to know what kind of testing or repair they did to your system when you sent it back. These symptoms you have described could also stem from other components as well, not just the power supply.

"...weird thing is that there's power to the system, fans spin lights are all working but no post clicks or anything on the monitors..."

^this sounds like it could be either the motherboard, CPU or the memory. Check the code on the debug led on the motherboard, what's the code?

Hi Stormshadow,

My first thoughts were the motherboard after the 3rd psu, unfortuneatly with warranty returns I have to send the whole unit back and not just the psu so it will be a few days, so your guess would be as good as mine to what the code is, its constantly changing - I honestly thought it was the temperature haha goes to show how much I know these days

Archived