Corsair Community

RMA for CMX512-3200C2PT

jlbruhn13

I have a bad stick of CMX512-3200C2PT

Asus A7N8X Delux Rev 2.0 useing 1008 bios

AMD Athalon XP 3200 Barton 200 FSB running defalut 11.0x mult 1.65V VCore

3 sticks of CMX512-3200C2PT useing the recommended 2.5t-3-3-6 timeings 200MHz 2.7 DDR Ref Voltage

2 sticks bought as a matched pair ver 4.1 lot 0424053-9

other stick ver 5.1 lot 0453026-3

Problem started as getting a BSOD of IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL one morning after getting home from work.

I have isolated the problem to one of the ver 4.1 matched sticks though Memtest. Tested various dual stick combos in slots 1&3 and 2&3 as well as just 1 stick in each of the 3 slots and all tests come up with hundreds of errors in seconds when the stick I suppect is bad is in the system. The good stick of v4.1 and the v5.1 have passed a 33 hour run of memtest with zero errors when tested together.

• Corsair Employees

Well I have no problem replacing the failing module or I would encourage you to consider replacing all 3 so they match. But I will leave that too you.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Well I have no problem replacing the failing module or I would encourage you to consider replacing all 3 so they match. But I will leave that too you.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Ok I understand the need to send in the pair so they will match for Dual Channel, but what benifit would I get from 3 matching sticks? I am kind of reluctent to send in all 3 as that would leave me with just a 256mb stick left to run my main system on till I get my RMA back. But then again if it will benifit from 3 matching sticks, I will live with it till then.

• Corsair Employees
If the modules are not matched, it may cause the system to be unstable, and since you are doing an RMA I would ask to get them all replaced for matching sticks for best performance! But again that is your choice! However, we do not guarantee mixing memory so that is a risk that you would have too take.

Archived