Corsair Community

I think my system memory is bad...

ryan19853

I think that my corsair Value Select 2 x 512mb PC3200 (Dual Channel) RAM is bad. I have run both a windows memory check and a memtest confirming my guess... What should i do to further confirm this (memtest screenshot below) or to fix my problem?

Screenshot of memtest after comleted:

http://www.people.iup.edu/bvrl/mem.jpg

System specs:

ASUS A8V-Deluxe Motherboard

AMD 64 3400+ socket 939 processor

1 gig (2 x 512 mb) corsair Value Select PC3200 RAM

2 - 80 gig SATA Hard drives: RAID-0 array

MSI GeForce FX5900XT graphics card

• Corsair Employees

Please make sure the modules are in slots 2-4 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and test them one at a time if you still get that error.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Please make sure the modules are in slots 2-4 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and test them one at a time if you still get that error.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

which slots are 2 and 4? My Motherboard has A1, A2, B1, B2 it says for running dual channel, to use A1 and B1 and to run single memory to use B1

also, what are the proper bios settings to be using... i have most everything set to auto, which was the default. And should i have ECC on or off?

• Corsair Employees
Slots A2 and B2 counting from the CPU with the slot closest to the CPU as slot 1, use slots 2-4. And Just load setup defaults in the bios setup and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts should be all you need to do! ECC is OFF!

Archived