Corsair Community

570X and Kraken X42 USB pump cable

chelsfc2108

Hi,

I'm using a Kraken X42 and planning to buy 570X case, however I notice the 570X does not have cable grommets at the bottom of the motherboard; therefore I will not be able to pass the USB header of the cooler pump through there to plug onto the USB header. The USB cable of the X42 does not seem long enough to be routed around the case.

Anyone here with a 570x and a kraken AIO can confirm if the USB cable is long enough to be routed around the case and into the USB header on the mobo?

Hello there!

What you could do is use a Mini-USB to USB-A and plug it into the back of the motherboard ports. There's a hole on the rear of the 570X that's just big enough for a USB-A to fit through. Alternatively, you can also find some Mini-USB to USB 10-Pin cables that around 18 inches, which is more than long enough to plug into the bottom of your moutherboard and still be routed through the cable channel.

Please update us on your solution! I'm sure more people here would appreciate that.

I have seen many people build their systems with 570x case and AIO cooler and I have never heard any complaint about the length of the pump usb cable.

Do people just assume that we have to buy some kind of extension/converter to be able to install an AIO in the 570X?

Archived