Corsair Community

Xms 3200

mk4umha

Hello, i've had these 400 MHZ DIMMS for 2-3 years now and it has recently started acting up and crashing in games and such, i'll call this computer 1.

I also have another computer with XMS 433 Mhz ram that i'll call computer 2, I swapped it over to computer 1 and so far there is no problem.

I installed the 400mhz dimms from computer 1 into computer 2 and now computer 2 is starting to act up.

I would like to send both the 400mhz dimms back for a failure analisys and replacement if there are failures but according to the warranty procedures, i need to contact a corsair tech from this forum first, thanks.

Please try and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure. If you do find you have a failing module. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Ok, i tested each DIMM one at a time and I have some failures,

http://community.webshots.com/photo/264493224/264494559DOoqaa

http://community.webshots.com/photo/264493224/264493975VOpBut

I ran them at 2.76 DIMM Voltage. What is the next step?

That about sums it up.

Q: So, back to the original question. I think I have a bad part. What do I do?

A: First thing to do is to contact technical support to try and solve the problem. Often the problem ends up being a BIOS setting, or another component in the system. The best way to get technical support is from the Ram Guy on our Support Forum . There is a whole community there to help solve your problem, as well as FAQ's on issues and questions that commonly come up.

I'm just following the FAQ and waiting on technical support on the next step for possible debugging. Unless technical support already helped me. If that's the case i will submit the RMA now. Thanks for your patience Moderators.

A: You need to request an RMA from Corsair. This request needs to have evidence of your contact with technical support, in the form of a post ID (Forum Post) number from the Ram Guy boards (which will appear on the Top-right side of your post) OR the Ticket# from speaking with our Tech support. This number will allow us to quickly identify and analyze the problem you are having with the part.

The request can be made three ways:

An online form can be found here. Complete the form, and submit it to Corsair. You will receive a response within 24 hours, usually sooner.

OR you can print the PDF version and fax it to Corsair. You will receive a response within 24 hours, usually sooner.

An editable Excel version can be found here. Complete the form and email it to RMA@corsairmemory.com. You will receive a response within 24 hours, usually sooner.

RMA the memory, it's already been approved.

• 1 year later...
  • Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Archived